You are probably LDS if...

Gretchen

You might be a Mormon if you don't understand why ettiquette books say it's "poor ettiquette" to only invite people to the Reception.

You might be a Mormon if you made a special trip to Utah to buy a wedding dress.

You might be a Mormon if there are basketball hoops in the background of all your wedding pictures.

You might be a Mormon if you only looked at Prom dresses that came with wraps because you planned to use the material to make sleeves.

You might be a Mormon if you jumped up and down with glee when Bermuda shorts came back into style (I know I did! :rolleyes: )

Edited by Jenamarie

That one about funeral potatoes....I never got that. It must be an American thing? What are they?

Nasty, at least the way I've had them.

Shredded hash browns, tons of cheddar (usually medium or mild, what's wrong with flavor?), sour cream and a little salt or pepper. End result? A giant bowl of fat and carbohydrates with minimal flavor and often no texture. Truly horrid.

I'm sure they could be made interesting, I mean it's potatoes and cheese, what's not to like? Yet it somehow goes horribly wrong. Of course coming from a people who found a way to ruin Jell-O... :)

Edited by Dravin

Dravin! You are in the wrong ward. The potatoes Oakley 1st ward relief society makes are amazing. Yes, it's full of lots of fat, but some things in this life must be experienced in order to appreciate what heaven will be like.

Now the jell-o, you might have a point :P

Dravin! You are in the wrong ward. The potatoes Oakley 1st ward relief society makes are amazing. Yes, it's full of lots of fat, but some things in this life must be experienced in order to appreciate what heaven will be like.

Now the jell-o, you might have a point :P

The occasional massive dose of fat is okay (my preferred heart stopper is chicken fried steak), you do have to live a little, but the dose of fat has to be worth it. It's like limiting yourself to one cheese burger a month and making it a McDonalds cheese burger, a thorough waste of a splurge. :)

Like I said, I'm sure there are good recipes out there, I've just never experienced any. Kinda like if you made some grape soda from home made concord grape juice it would be drinkable (essentially sparkling juice), just most of what I've had is the funeral potatoes version of grapette/grape soda (aka carbonated Dimatapp). *shudder*

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Truthfully, I only have two kids. But my house has become the neighborhood hang out spot for a lot more, and I watch two little boys during the week. It's not that unusual to have 10 kids here. I like to attribute the wonderful spirit in my house to the reason they are all here.... but I know it's the food, toys and art projects.

• 1 year later...

You might be Mormon if....you stayed after at your own wedding reception to help clean up...rather than racing to the hotel/motel to consumate the marriage!

Oh my word! That's what happened to me! No wonder the marriage didn't last :D

That could have been my own dad. The night we threw my parents a 50th wedding anniversary party, he was already putting tables and chairs away and the party wasn't even over. Of course he had Alzheimers so it must be so ingrained in LDS men that it just came naturally. :)

That could have been my own dad. The night we threw my parents a 50th wedding anniversary party, he was already putting tables and chairs away and the party wasn't even over. Of course he had Alzheimers so it must be so ingrained in LDS men that it just came naturally. :)

Nah, it wasn't the Alzheimer's. If he was putting tables and chairs away before the party even ended, it's because he was trying to chase everyone out so he could get to the hotel faster! :D

• 1 month later...

You might be Mormon if....you stayed after at your own wedding reception to help clean up...rather than racing to the hotel/motel to consumate the marriage!

I was going to say the opposite. You are mormon if you feel the need to rush off to the hotel. All the non lds weddings I have been to the couple had already slept together or even lived together so they were in no rush....