Introductions

Guest Taoist_Saint

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess what I should have said in my introduction post is that I like to ask serious and heavy questions. I like to ask them out of curiosity, out of skepticism, but mostly out of the sense to learn.

It seems as though I have already ruffled some feathers among the regulars here who cannot handle some honest and heavy questions. I am not here to start a commotion, as Maureen charged, but to ask questions and learn.

But look, if you people are serious about your religion then maybe you can put aside your pretense and have an honest dialogue about the Mormon faith. After all, isn’t it about winning souls and fighting the good fight?

Thanks,

blazius

Hey.

I ask the same kind of questions, but you should remember that it should be in moderation.

People can't be prodded about their faith.

It is a lot easier to get a question that is really bugging you, and research a lot of LDS sources first, so you really know their point of view before you ask.

It is like going to get a car or something.

Only go educated as far as you can, and then be respectful of the answer, and always ask the source.

That is what I try and do anyway.

... TRY. I hope I do okay with that.

I still have a tiny bit of faith in the Church. I will often go to the Book of Mormon and try to harness that faith, but it just does not seem to be working. I thought perhaps having Mormons to talk to would make it a bit easier, so I registered an account here. I've posted here before, but I forget what user ID I had and the password.

Hey.

The exact same thing happened to me.

I hope things work out for you the way you feel they should...

Nice to meet you jimradictis!

I've been told that it would be a good idea to share some about myself before inquiring about others. I wonder why people are so "nervous" (or so it seems) about their own "beliefs". I'm a christian. I believe in (that is, I have faith in and believe in the existence of) one god. I believe that Jesus christ is fully god and by his own divine providence, sacrificed himself on a cross at calvary. The shedding of his blood atoned for my sins and I am justified thereby. By his ressurection he conquered death, that I might have life. By the faith given me by the grace of god, I am saved by Grace. This is the gospel I believe in and share in the love of Jesus Christ. I am here to share the love which is in me by grace, not because I can't meet people in person (I do that as well) but because the "net" is a usefull means by which to communicate with many people at once, and there are only so many people that you can meet in person.

The Grace and Love of our lord Jesus Christ be With you all, Amen

Skeptictank

Hello everybody!

A little bit about me. I'm almost 35. I was born into the church and was an active member until I turned 16. Then hormones and arrogance took over. I figured I knew what life was really all about, and it didn't involve the church. I never hated the church or said anything disparaging about it, in fact I actually defended it to people. I got married about 10 years ago, and we had a son a couple of years later (he turns 8 in May). A few years after that my wife, who I had been with for 12 years as boyfriend then husband, told me she was gay :( . At about the same time, my business failed and I had to file for bankruptcy and moved in with my parents :( . That's when I decided to go back to church. What did I have to lose. I was already at the lowest point in my life. Since then, I have changed careers and am finacially better than what I have ever been :D . I see my son more often than most divorced fathers who don't have custody do , and to top it off I'm getting married in the Cardston Temple in July to a wonderful woman who I met through a church website :wub: . I am stronger than what I ever was in the church, and I continue to grow everyday. I am greatful for websites like this one that answer a lot of questions you otherwise would not hear.

CanuckMormon

• 2 weeks later...

Hola! I used to be a member of ldstalk over a year or so ago, wow has it changed! So much bigger! My name is Jessica (but my nickname is Jia) I have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 3 years, no kids yet but we're always trying. We're big animal lovers and currently have 9 dogs (technically only two cause our female Pug just gave birth to 7 puppies.)

I'm going to school for Massage Therapy, and when my husband isn't working as a detention officer, he's going to college online for Video Game Design.

Nice to be here!

I am a 28 year old LDS member who was looking for a good LDS forum that has a lot of activity. I hope I found the right one. ;)

Married for 5 almost 6 years with our first child on the way due July 4th! (She will get fireworks for her Bday every year!).

IRL, I am a computer programmer who enjoys online gaming, sports (playing and watching), animals, politics, firearms, and most of all my family.

Looking forward to participating in the discussions. :wow:

I am a 28 year old LDS member who was looking for a good LDS forum that has a lot of activity. I hope I found the right one. ;)

Married for 5 almost 6 years with our first child on the way due July 4th! (She will get fireworks for her Bday every year!).

IRL, I am a computer programmer who enjoys online gaming, sports (playing and watching), animals, politics, firearms, and most of all my family.

Looking forward to participating in the discussions. :wow:

Hi JcDean78

Welcome to LDS Talk :sparklygrin:

I am sure you will love it here... I know I do :)

How exciting to have your first little one on the way.. I had my first bundle of joy almost 3 months ago... Lots of great memories in store for you and I am sure that you will love it :D

My fiance :wub: is from Newfoundland. She has deliberately lost her "Newfie" accent. Her parents on the other hand are hard to understand :dontknow: I thought my Scottish Grandmother with a stutter was hard to understand :o

BTW - Out west here, we don't say aboot, etc. Some people claim we sound like Americans :angry:

Have a good day!! :D

Guest miss domestic

I'm a college student and am getting baptized on May 5th :D

I love the church and attend a great singles ward

I enjoy baking, going out with friends, scrapbooking, relaxing, and reading.

Guess that's all to say! :D

Howdy,

I'm terrible at introductions but I'm an old married man with a grown daughter who's about to get married herself :)

I'm active LDS and currently hold the calling to organize our ward bulletin and get it to the printers (so if anyone knows any really good clipart sites please let me know ha ha).

Like Miss Dominic I too love to cook and bake, especially from scratch, (and preferably straight out of the garden if possible) as well as home canning and preserving.

I'm also a disabled shut in so I spend a lot of time on the boards :D