Hopi indians and america artifacts.

Dawnforge

My girlfriend and I were talking about jesus coming to america and how the hopi indians were visited by a "white bearded man" who was jesus. Does anyone have a reference to this outside of the book of mormon?

She also told me there was a great war in america and some artifacts were recovered. Can anyone point me to that information?

this is NOT a troll.

I kind of have to laugh when people feel they have to put the disclaimer "this is NOT a troll."

Your question is valid, not sure why you felt you had to put the disclaimer. There have been many legends handed down from generation to generation in the different tribes.

Between reading the book and comparing the many pre-native American mounds throughout the North America and the claimed name of the Mayans vice Nephites, to me is not correct, is the artifacts of many cities that were built where the Lamanites, and those who conquered them, inherited what was left and made changes to erase what was. No difference between the Chinese emperors and Egyptians Pharaohs who seek the same in removing the previous hated rulers or people.

However, the convincing of the truth only comes by the Holy Ghost and not through archeology. Archeology through the eyes of righteous man or woman will see true history of what was and not fabricated history of fallibility.

... and made changes to erase what was. No difference between the Chinese emperors and Egyptians Pharaohs who seek the same in removing the previous hated rulers or people.

I'm not here for conjecture.

I've been searching and so far I come up empty handed or run into mass criticism. She told me that an actual hopi indian told the mormon's about the jesus visiting his tribe. Again, does anyone have any information outside the book of mormon confirming this?

I'm not here for conjecture.

I've been searching and so far I come up empty handed or run into mass criticism. She told me that an actual hopi indian told the mormon's about the jesus visiting his tribe. Again, does anyone have any information outside the book of mormon confirming this?

When there is truth, you will find the world is against it. No! It was the quite the opposite when it came to knowledge of the native Americans. Hopi can claim all they want but the history is written by those former before this tribe.

If you wish to find out if the Hopi's and the Book of Mormon is true, mention the names of the twelve [cited in 3rd Nephi] to a chief and watch the horror expression of using such in his presence. ;)

If you wish to find out if the Hopi's and the Book of Mormon is true, mention the names of the twelve [cited in 3rd Nephi] to a chief and watch the horror expression of using such in his presence. ;)

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. I'm native american and related to our tribal representative. Talking about the book of mormon or the names within will not invoke an expression of horror in him, or any of us.

=/

This article doesn't specifically mention the Hopi tribe but does show some interesting things. It also mentions the Mormon Church frequently in the article.

Ancient American: Articles Issue 26 page 1

Awesome! Thank you very much. I really appreciate your research.

I did some more research on my own and it appears the artifacts are forgeries.

Michigan relics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edited by Dawnforge

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. I'm native american and related to our tribal representative. Talking about the book of mormon or the names within will not invoke an expression of horror in him, or any of us.

=/

Then what was passed from one chief to the next was not given. My wife is part related due to her grandmother was native american.;)

Not sure about the Hopi Indians, but on my website you will find the story of Viracocha, the great white God, visiting after several days of darkness.

Incan - Life, the Universe, and Etcetera

BTW, most LDS scholars agree that the Michigan Plates are forgeries. For some reason, Ancient American magazine keeps trying to throw bad science after some good science. It ends up making all their claims look bad, even the decent ones.

Edited by rameumptom

Not sure about the Hopi Indians, but on my website you will find the story of Viracocha, the great white God, visiting after several days of darkness.

BTW, most LDS scholars agree that the Michigan Plates are forgeries. For some reason, Ancient American magazine keeps trying to throw bad science after some good science. It ends up making all their claims look bad, even the decent ones.

Thank you very much. I will look into this.

I'm confused. Where is the incan/indian story of a great white god appearing after several days of darkness.?

I did some research on this and found the authors either non-existent or biased. Pedro Sarmiento "...hoped such a history would justify Spanish colonization by revealing the violent history of the Incas" - and claims that the Incan's are from the lost ciilization of Atlantis. I and anyone else reading this should take these europian accounts with a shaker of salt.

Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was wondering if anyone had access to pre-europian native american accounts, seeing as how there is hardly any history of Mayan origin.

I have not heard about the Hopi legend before, I will spend a good while googling that. One case I thought was interesting though. I had the privelege of meeting a Missionary who had been to South America near the Mayan temples. He and his family went there. While there he had met a tour guide whom he later found out to be a Church member. He approached the tour guide and asked "Where is it, I have to see it", He said the tour guide smiled and they began to trek a ways before they came to a wall. There on the wall ...a pictograph of a bearded man descending to the people from the heavens, then ascending again. Very exciting.!

Thank you very much. I will look into this.

I'm confused. Where is the incan/indian story of a great white god appearing after several days of darkness.?

You didn't check out the link? I checked the link and it works. Anyway, here's the portion of the link that directly ties in:

Viracocha

"Before the Incans reigned in these kingdoms or were even known, these Indians taught another very important thing, because they affirmed that there was a long time without seeing the sun, and they suffered greatly due to lacking it. They cried greatly and pledged oaths to those they had as gods, begging them for the missing light; and being in these difficulties, arising from the Isle of Titicaca...came the brilliant sun, for which all rejoiced. And after this happened, they say that near Mid-day came a white man of large stature, whose aspect or persona showed great authority and veneration, and that this man, so they saw, had great power, that the hills were made plains and the plains made giant hills, making fountains out of rock; and recognizing such power, they called him 'Creator of all things', 'the Beginning (First of All)', 'Father of the Sun', and he did greater things, giving life to man and animals and by his hand came all good things.....he went toward the North, doing these marvelous works...and never came back. In many places he commanded the people how to live, speaking lovingly and with much kindness, admonishing them to be good and not to hurt or injure each other, but love each other and in all things have charity....In many places they built temples (to him)...and made sacrifices....

"They tell of another man similar to this one...that came and took the sick and healed them and with words alone gave sight to the blind....and on this matter they say more, that leaving there he went to the sea coast where holding his mantle, walked on the waves and they never saw him again; and as it was they named him Viracocha, which means 'Foam of the Sea.'"

Pedro Cieza de Leon. "Del Senorio de los Incas" 1551, (Lara pg 126).