Second Counselor Duties

sugarcrane2

I just got called as the second counselor in the primary. I haven't been in a presidency since YW. We have a presidency meeting coming up but I like to know what to expect. What kind of meetings will I need to attend other then presidency meetings? Is one of the counselors generally over the Jr and the other over Sr? I know I will be doing sharing time once a month but that's about it. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

You should be receiving a handbook about Primary that lists all these responsibilities. I have been a Primary President but gosh...that was almost 19 years ago so I'm sure much has changed. I do remember that one counselor was over Senior and the other over Junior. Also one was responsible for the sacrament meeting program and one over any quarterly activities etc.

But check into that handbook (if they still have those) that explains the roles of each member of the Presidency.

I'm Primary Pres right now and I brought "the book" home so I can tell you what it says.

Under Second Counselor Duties it lists:

Supervise classes for Nursery and Sunbeams and provide training for new teachers.

Plan and conduct Quarterly Activities

Organize and Supervise the Articles of Faith incentive program

Weekly "Spotlight Child" program

Quarterly Bullitin Board.

Pam, I take great comfort in the fact that you survived this calling.

I almost forgot. The second counselor teaches sharing time on the 3rd Sunday of every month.

We had decided to do that the same person would do sharing time for the month. That way we only had to do it every 3-4 months. It worked out well for us that way. Especially since we knew the themes for each month for the entire year.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...