Gods Right Hand

pam

Little Bobby was spending the weekend with his grandmother after a particularly trying week in kindergarten.

His grandmother decided to take him to the park on Saturday morning. It had been snowing all night and everything was beautiful.

His grandmother remarked..."doesnt it look like an artist painted this scenery? Did you know God painted this just for you?"

Bobby said, "Yes, God did it and he did it left handed."

This confused his grandmother a bit, and she asked him "What makes you say God did this with his left hand?"

"Well," said Bobby, "we learned in Primary last week that Jesus sits on God´s right hand!"

• 3 months later...

i know what you put there was/is supposed to be a joke, but some people take it seriously. :) my friend wrote to me while on his mission trying to explain that the Father and Jesus have physical bodies. along with the letter he sent a tape because it was easier to say it all rather than write it. at one point, his companion gets on and i hear him explaining that the Father HAS to have a physical body because the Bible says Jesus sits on the right hand of God. how could the Father not have a body if the Bible says Jesus is/was sitting on His hand? lol your joke reminded me of that story.

Actually-- the topic of exactly what that phrase means has come up in discussions with members of other faiths that I have had too.

What it indicates to me is that God has a right hand and a left hand, and that Jesus sits to the right hand side of God the Father.

Some have told me that it meant that Jesus was on "the good side or in good graces with God" but they also insisted that they were one and the same being, and so not able to be physically "next to each other".

So then it flashed in my mind, the way that little boy in the joke took it (if trying to understand how God would sit on his OWN hand then. ;)-- but then I realized that it seems most who do not believe in the Godhead as three distinct persons-- accept the creeds and then probably don't believe there is ANY body with ANY body parts to *have* a hand.

Now me?? I am totally looking forward with longing for a warm hug from our Father in Heaven after I graduate from this boarding school called Earth! :) Gramajane

Sometimes - feel like I'm 80 years old (with a worn out body and dazed mind to go with it-- but that is usually after a day of overwhelm and hard work past normal hours). I've had this "age attack" since about age 18!

Other times, I feel like I'm a kid in primary (age group for our LDS youth classes- 3-12) where I love to teach. I love the songs!

Right now, I'm happy with my age (61) -- though getting scared that I might be in "diaper age" again.

soon! --- I sure wouldn't want to do life over-- unless I got to take what I have learned back with me to make better choices in a few things! May we all love others and laugh at ourselves more! Gramajane