Another celebrity death

Wingnut

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P. Michael. When he was with his brothers, they were awesome!

I agree with you Carl,

Even in the early years they really kicked it and Michael was always dancing circles around his brothers throughout all the years.

Being so young and successful definitely has it drawbacks for some entertainers which usually come out sooner rather than later.

In Michael's case it seems to have been the opposite.

Although the brothers had talent, they pretty much rode on the back of Michael (IMO)

I can remember when it was a battle of the Jacksons and the Osmonds--Michael vs. Donny in the creampuff world of Pop back then in the late 60's and into the 70's.

The Tryrant that his Dad (Joe Jackson) was certainley didn't help matters much.

I think Katherine they're Mother was the only stability in the family--but in the end she pretty much let Joe's ambition and greed run the show.

I'm the same age as Michael and Donny and those early years surely bring back fond memories like they were yesterday-- a great time to grow up in.

Michael is officially dead. ABC, CNN, NBC, AP, and Reuters now all reflect this :(

I think he was officially dead even before it was reported. :)

Actually, even though I suppose it technically counts as a tabloid, I trust that when TMZ breaks a story, it's accurate. They were actually the first ones to break Heath Ledger's death, too.

I too loved his artistry and his talent. May he find some rest now from all the things that seemed to torment him while living.

Amen.

yea, really amazing. But now, Anyone who suffers from anorexia, is possibly putting them selves at risk to cardiac arrest.

It is still shocking to see this happen to Micheal Jackson. I dont think this day will go lightly with two celebrities passing away on the same day.

While i did not agree with Michael Jackson's personal life and choices, I did love the music. He was truly the king of pop and one if not the best at what he did. He was a great talent and that will be missed. When we heard at work that he had died, some of the comments that were made by co-workers really upset me. Regardless of your view of the man, no one can discount what he did in his industry and how talented an artist he was. Everyone makes mistakes, but he did a lot of good in the world as well. My prayers go out to his family in this painful time. May Michael rest in peace.

I got really tired of some of the jokes my bosses were making today when they found out he was dead. I don't know enough about his personal life or legal issues to have an opinion on that. I'll miss him though. I loved his music as a child and he's one of the few artists I liked as a child that I still like as an adult.

Seriously, if nobody has it, I can't recommend enough that you get "The Essential Jacksons" c.d. It's got some of the most infectious grooves ever on record including the extended version of "Shake Your Body Down To The Ground". A absolute MUST have!:)

I finally understood my brother's grief over the passing of John Lennon. I didn't think any celebrity who you do not know personally could bring about such feelings. But when I heard the news today over the radio, I had to pull over to the side of the road and give a good cry.

I love Michael Jackson. I love his artistry, his songs, his dance moves, his music videos, his whacky fashion, and his charity towards children. I know a lot of people believe he is a pedophile but I do not believe that one bit. Not one bit. He is a guy who never grew up. He can relate to a kid's fantasyland more than he can relate to adults. When he talked about having children around the fireplace drinking hot chocolate, I can soooo relate. It is what I used to love to do when I was a kid - just hang around with the other kids around a campfire with our thin blankets and drink hot chocolate and share ghost stories.

In any case, he made a great impact on my growing up years. My favorite MJ song and video: Smooth Criminal

Rest In Peace Michael.