Another celebrity death

Wingnut

Isn't it wonderful that we are all unique? What may touch a chord with one may not with another. That's what makes us who we are. Some may feel an attachment to a person who they have never met while another may not. That's okay.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean what I post. Therefore, I seldom have any reason to apologize. However, I will take back anything said about Canada. Afterall, they have given us such great world leaders as.....as....??

In six years of college I took courses in United States, Oriental, British and South American history. I never even saw a course on Canadian History offered and that was at Ohio State University, the largest single campus in the country. Must not be enough to warrent a history book.

Does that answer your question.

Hahah. Yeah, I guess that's true. I mean, all Canada has ever done is:

1) Singlehandedly took the Juno beach in the landings at Normandy.

Juno Beach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) Captured Detroit during the War of 1812:

The Capture of Detroit, 1812

3) Burned down the White House during the War of 1812.

Burning of Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) Defeated the American army with a handful of militia, native fighters and Laura Secord, the Canadian heroine.

The War of 1812

4) Captured Amiens and started the '100 Days' of success that led to the end of World War I:

Canada's Hundred Days - Veterans Affairs Canada

Actually, I still suspect that you're kidding. I can't honestly believe that you would think, 'Because Ohio State University', who had 'Oriental History', but not 'Chinese History'(Which would mean China never did anything significant), or 'United Kingdom History', which would mean that the UK never did anything significant, or even any country other than the US(Though they do have world history glossed over), that it would be insignificant. That smacks of ignorance and stupidity, which I of course don't think you are. :) So I'll just say 'Hahah. Good one.' ;)

Michael Jackson was a great performer. He certainly was the King of Pop. I think his story was a very tragic, terrible story. He brought a lot of great music, but I suspect he was never meant for the limelight.

Michael Jackson 'emaciated and bald with only pills in his stomach' – leaked autopsy report - Telegraph

He was 5'10" and, at the end, only weight 112 lbs, 10 ounces. They only found pills in his stomach.

I don't care who you are, that's a sad way to go.

Hahah. Yeah, I guess that's true. I mean, all Canada has ever done is:

1) Singlehandedly took the Juno beach in the landings at Normandy.

Juno Beach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) Captured Detroit during the War of 1812:

The Capture of Detroit, 1812

3) Burned down the White House during the War of 1812.

Burning of Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) Defeated the American army with a handful of militia, native fighters and Laura Secord, the Canadian heroine.

The War of 1812

4) Captured Amiens and started the '100 Days' of success that led to the end of World War I:

Canada's Hundred Days - Veterans Affairs Canada

Actually, I still suspect that you're kidding. I can't honestly believe that you would think, 'Because Ohio State University', who had 'Oriental History', but not 'Chinese History'(Which would mean China never did anything significant), or 'United Kingdom History', which would mean that the UK never did anything significant, or even any country other than the US(Though they do have world history glossed over), that it would be insignificant. That smacks of ignorance and stupidity, which I of course don't think you are. :) So I'll just say 'Hahah. Good one.' ;)

I never apologize and seldom "kid".

That's OK. Afterall, all the United States has ever done is.... Oh I forgot. There isn't enough room on this site to list them.

(BTW. You could have kept Detriot ya know.That would have cut our crime rate in half).

I think reasons his position regarding Canada are stated here: http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/22188-what-c-s-lewis-thought-about-mormons-4.html#post378336

Not necessarily that he actually believes what he is saying :)

Heck loudmouth, I don't want to start a thread everyone is going to agree with. I want something to argue about. After 25 years of fighting it out with liberal teachers in the teachers lounge I feel lost being retired. What's a fella to do.:):):)

I never apologize and seldom "kid".

That's OK. Afterall, all the United States has ever done is.... Oh I forgot. There isn't enough room on this site to list them.

(BTW. You could have kept Detriot ya know.That would have cut our crime rate in half).

I smell a bigoted patriot.

Each country is strong not because of it's achievements alone, but also because of those of other countries.

I just watched that interview Oprah did with Jackson in 1993.

My kids love Michael Jackson's "Thriller" vid. They watch it on the Ipod. I still think it was genius.

I was also thinking about all the great songs that came from MJ. Been wanting to play them all week. You either gotta sing along or you gotta get up and dance. At the very least, you wanna tap your foot and groove a bit.

My kids love Michael Jackson's "Thriller" vid. They watch it on the Ipod. I still think it was genius.

I was also thinking about all the great songs that came from MJ. Been wanting to play them all week. You either gotta sing along or you gotta get up and dance. At the very least, you wanna tap your foot and groove a bit.

And even the non-dance stuff (such as "You Are Not Alone") is good. He does have some that don't fit my musical style, so I just don't listen to those songs, but focus on the quite a few I do like.

I must be really weird not enjoying listening to little kids singing (never cared for the Jackson 5 or other groups with a pre-pubescent lead singer). Just doesn't suit my ears.

I must be really weird not enjoying listening to little kids singing (never cared for the Jackson 5 or other groups with a pre-pubescent lead singer). Just doesn't suit my ears.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's a little grating on the ears when it's that high pitched.

I have problems with opera-style sopranos too (and utterly loathe Mariah Carey's "singing"), but I'm not sure the pitch is what gets to me about listening to a child singing. There's just something about a child's singing voice (even if they can hit the notes) that my ears find less than pleasant. I love children, don't misunderstand me, I'm just not that nuts about listening to their singing.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's a little grating on the ears when it's that high pitched.

Same here. I never cared for their early 'Michael high-pitched' vocal numbers either (ABC, Dancing Machine, etc.), but when they were ALL grown up vocally, then they became a really good r&b, funk band with songs like "Shake Your Body" and "Show You The Way To Go". This is why I like "The Essential Jacksons" c.d. because it's all their hits when they were grown up. Same thing with the Osmonds. When it was pre-pubescent Donny singing, forget it. Couldn't stand it. But when Merrill sang, he brought a certain maturity to the songs that simply made them sound a lot better.

Edited by Carl62

And I'm trying to say, let's get it back on topic without all the bashing of each others countries.

Just so I understand how the site works. I can be called dumb by a Canadian and a bigot by an Australian but I'm not to defend myself. Ok. Just so I know my place. I won't post anymore on this thread.