Movie trailer: 2012

Hemidakota

Personally, as I commented in an early post on my blog, unless the two special witnesses spoken of in Revelation show up very soon in Jerusalem (to have time for that 42 months of preaching), I'm not buying the 2012 thing. ;)

While I agree with the idea, I'm not entirely certain that we will know when or who they are.

In Doctrine and Covenants 77:15, we read:

Q. What is to be understood by the two witnesses, in the eleventh chapter of Revelation?

A. They are two prophets that are to be raised up to the Jewish nation in the last days, at the time of the restoration, and to prophesy to the Jews after they are gathered and have built the city of Jerusalem in the land of their fathers.

The witnesses/prophets will be Jews by heritage. How many Jewish leaders of the Church are you aware of? There are none that I know of.

Additionally, if we knew exactly who they were (and when they begin their ministry), it would be pretty easy to narrow down the Second Coming, of which we have been told that no man knows the hour nor the day, not even the angels in heaven. I suspect (though it is a personal belief) that the Savior Himself may not even know when He will return. He is waiting for Heavenly Father to give him the go-ahead.

The sign I am interested to watch for is when the Jews begin to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. When that happens, it's time to get your affairs in order. :)

My 4 or 5 times great grandfather was basically a messianic Jew when he was baptized into the church in England, so I have no doubt there are a few good men in the church today more than capable of filling the roles as spoken in Revelations :D

I think it already happened. It was WWII. Never less, its impossible that all of mankind could be wiped out on planet earth unless a asteroid that was so massive so huge that it knocked earth out of its orbit, then it would end everything as we know it on earth. The only other thing I can think of is the earths liquid core cooling to the point and solidifying. That will cause the magnetic fields of the earth to collapse and we all would turn into cancer mutants.

I saw this trailer at the movies this past weekend. Then i went home and found it on youtube. It's sad to read the comments of the people on there " This will never happen" Wake up people its just a movie"

:( It hurts to see that satan has done well in blinding soo many people to believe that this will never happen in our time.

well......it looks good to me....want to see it......and as a previous student of "that kind of stuff"......i still enjoy watching it on the history channel..........i do enjoy the fact that two very different cultures (chinese..i ching........and maya..the calender) and at different times in history did both seem to end on the same day...but by that...also to imply a new beginning......cool stuff.