What's up with this world?

MormonMema

In rapid succession, we have civil uprisings in Iran, a military coup in Honduras, and in a little over a week, threat of an upcoming missile launch from N. Korea. Is the world going mad? What's next?

Was George Bush, Jr. correct in his assessment of the axis of evil?

:)...oh no...Bush was wrong about everything....:)

Wait until green jello gets banned....then there will be a uprising...

OK, let's straighten this out:

The Honduras thing is not a coup. The president was attempting to set the stage for a coup of his own by setting up a pseudo-referendum that he could use as an excuse to overturn the country's constitutionally-imposed term limit. Both the Honduran Supreme Court and the Honduran Congress ordered him to cut it out. He refused, so the Supreme Court directed the military to step in. This is checks and balances at its finest.

The missing piece of the puzzle is that the recently-ousted president was a leftist and the darling of Hugo Chavez. Which explains a bit about our own State Department's publicized statements of the situation, and our media's coverage of the event.

OK, let's straighten this out:

The Honduras thing is not a coup. The president was attempting to set the stage for a coup of his own by setting up a pseudo-referendum that he could use as an excuse to overturn the country's constitutionally-imposed term limit. Both the Honduran Supreme Court and the Honduran Congress ordered him to cut it out. He refused, so the Supreme Court directed the military to step in. This is checks and balances at its finest.

The missing piece of the puzzle is that the recently-ousted president was a leftist and the darling of Hugo Chavez. Which explains a bit about our own State Department's publicized statements of the situation, and our media's coverage of the event.

Yeah, that's all fine and dandy... but what about MJ? I mean, death of the moonwalker!!!! If that ain't a dire warning, I don't know what is. :lol:

This country is in a bunch of trouble, what with the amnesty bill and the climate change bill.

Worst legislation to see the light of day in our country's history.

I'm praying for the Savior to come.

Obama seems much worse than Gadianton or Hitler for that matter.

HELP!!

Sometimes I wonder what must occur before the saints will learn not to trust in the things of the world. Be it economy, politics, social or entertainment. When will we find delight and honor in Zion?

The Traveler

Obama seems much worse than Gadianton or Hitler for that matter.

HELP!!

For crying out loud. I ask that you go spend a day at a near by holocaust museum or go to the local library and find some info on WW2 because that statement is absurd

For the record i'm pretty conservative.

Against "feel good" climate control legislation and amnesty

I'm not sure why some would find some of these things going on in the world as questionable. Or wonder why so many things are happening at once. Haven't we been taught that horrible things will happen in anticipation of Christ' return? I think the things going on now are just leading up to even more terrible things to come.

For crying out loud. I ask that you go spend a day at a near by holocaust museum or go to the local library and find some info on WW2 because that statement is absurd

Truly, let me know when Obama is responsible for the death of millions.

Is the world going mad?

No, the world has been mad for quite some time. You've just started paying attention.

After a few years of paying attention and discovering the 2nd coming hasn't happened yet, most of the emotional melodrama feelings wear off (for most people).

I started paying attention around the time Princess Di and Mother Theresa died within a few days of each other, and Di got 98% of the press.

LM

That's a halfway decent talk there, hordak. I don't think Mr. Pinker's case is quite as solid as he thinks it is, but his anecdotes and data are both very interesting.

One arguement: Levels of violence haven't gone down one bit - the down-and-to-the-left charts he shows are pretty much all due to advances in medical science. Back then, you get a small cut from an enemy's sword, you get gangrene and die. Now, you get shot several times in the chest, the medic keeps you from bleeding out, keeps your airway clear, and gets you to a surgeon who fixes you up.

But regardless of which way the violence has been swinging, Mr. Pinker does us a good service by illustrating how violent and deadly things were in the past. Yeah, primordial harmony my big rear end.

LM

I'm not sure why some would find some of these things going on in the world as questionable. Or wonder why so many things are happening at once. Haven't we been taught that horrible things will happen in anticipation of Christ' return? I think the things going on now are just leading up to even more terrible things to come.

Ever the optimist. :lol:

:)...oh no...Bush was wrong about everything....:)

Actually Bush thought the speech writer had said "access of evil", but that is another story regarding Cheyney, the Iraq war and Haliburton ....

Wait until green jello gets banned....then there will be a uprising...

Say it ain't so Palerider.

Jell-O shall be found in the hearts of the Saints in a hundred years! Nay, ten times a hundred years and shall make glad the souls of all those who tasteth it! The spirit of Jell-O doth endure.

:lol: