Edit Button

Setheus

Should the edit button be given back to us?  

1. 1. Should the edit button be given back to us?

• No, we're too immature to be allowed to edit our own posts
    • No. We are perfect spellers and have flawless grammer
    • Yes. We should be able to add/subtract to improve them.
    • Yes. Just becuse
    • Yes. Because Setheus us super hot and he wants it back

Guest Taoist_Saint

Since I am so far the only one who has been irresponsible with the edit button, I vote that it be given back to everyone else.

If it can be restricted from me alone, that is great, but I suspect that isn't possible.

Originally posted by Setheus@May 17 2005, 03:49 PM

Guys, go slap together some pickett signs

Ladies, take off your bras and get a lighter from the nearest pyro or smoker

Its time to make our demands heard!!!

;)

OK, Setheus....it's off and I've got my Zippo in hand.....I'm ready to rumble :lol:

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@May 17 2005, 05:19 PM

Since I am so far the only one who has been irresponsible with the edit button, I vote that it be given back to everyone else.

If it can be restricted from me alone, that is great, but I suspect that isn't possible.

Ah so, that is why it is gone??

I moderate at another board using Invision software although it might not be the same version. When we had trouble with people editing post content after the fact we set a time limit on how long after the post has been posted it can be edited.

This allows people, like me, who have terrible keyboarding skills, to fix mistakes, but doesn't allow troublemakers to edit the content of their posts hours or days after it incites a riot.

So, how about leaving a fifteen or thirty minute window for post editing??

If we "win" and get the edit button back TWO historical events will have occered...

First, the members of this board will have beaten "The Man" at his own game and our united voice will have been heard

Second, I, Setheus, have succeeded in being the ONLY guy here to get a girl on this board to remove her bra! B) :D

Don't let history only speak of Lindy...Join her ladies! Fight the good fight! ;)

Guys, you help too.

Originally posted by Jenda@May 17 2005, 09:34 PM

I decided to take the "null vote" since I am the moderator that suggested we take away the "edit button", but, upon seeing the results, I have to ask, Did Setheus vote for himself, or did someone else gratify him in that manner? :P

Jenda I'm shocked! :o After all we all know that "self gratification" is a sin. :rolleyes:

And to whom ever voted for the last choice...you flatter me! ;)

Originally posted by Jenda@May 17 2005, 09:34 PM

Did Setheus vote for himself, or did someone else gratify him in that manner?  :P

Sorry Seth.... I've always been a rebel deep inside...and you can get me to do a lot of crazy things....but my dear....you changed your avitar on me....so alas, I couldn't find it within myself to vote my heart....so I had to vote my mind :P

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by Idacat@May 17 2005, 07:46 PM

I moderate at another board using Invision software although it might not be the same version. When we had trouble with people editing post content after the fact we set a time limit on how long after the post has been posted it can be edited.

This allows people, like me, who have terrible keyboarding skills, to fix mistakes, but doesn't allow troublemakers to edit the content of their posts hours or days after it incites a riot.

I have also seen this on other Invision message boards. I think it would work great. People could edit their mistakes within 15 minutes or so, and I would be prevented from deleting my posts, and be forced to learn to live with what I have said.

Great idea!

Jenda?

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+May 18 2005, 12:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ May 18 2005, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Idacat@May 17 2005, 07:46 PM

I have also seen this on other Invision message boards. I think it would work great. People could edit their mistakes within 15 minutes or so, and I would be prevented from deleting my posts, and be forced to learn to live with what I have said.

Great idea!

Jenda?

Spencer and LT have the controls. You need to petition them.

Guys,

It is back on ......However if you want it to stay on ...Please...........................don't miss use it and wreck it for the rest of us.

thanks LaurelTree

No secound chances.....

Guest Taoist_Saint

Great! There won't be any more trouble from me.

I figure I can prevent any future problems by staying neutral on all topics, and ignoring anyone who insults me...that way I won't ever say anything I regret later B)