Can I use the visiting teaching message title and pick a picture that goes with that once i....?

BabyAngelEyez911

I have been feeling sorry for this one girl in my church. I dont know if she "is" a member or what. But i see her every so often. I go up to her all the time and welcome her and tell her sit next me and we talk. When we do, she changes the subject but not on purpose (i think she has a mental disease, thats okay) she is like a child, doesn't understand some stuff, so i have to speak to her thruou the class releif society to explain some stuff to her. i see her on the streets all the time and i ponder in my head if i should visit teach her. she says shes a member, and been coming here to this building. she feels most comfortable here also. anyways i prayed and pondered again the other day to know if i should be a visiting teacher to her, i got a response saying i should be but the problem is she is in the other ward/time. i tried this before but wasnt sure, not that i got the complete answer yes i can be her visiting teacher, i can include her with the approval of her ward and my ward. so the question is you think i can use the visiting teaching message, use a picture that goes with that to teach her the lessons in the future? (since she has a hard time understanding stuff):)

I have been feeling sorry for this one girl in my church. I dont know if she "is" a member or what. But i see her every so often. I go up to her all the time and welcome her and tell her sit next me and we talk. When we do, she changes the subject but not on purpose (i think she has a mental disease, thats okay) she is like a child, doesn't understand some stuff, so i have to speak to her thruou the class releif society to explain some stuff to her. i see her on the streets all the time and i ponder in my head if i should visit teach her. she says shes a member, and been coming here to this building. she feels most comfortable here also. anyways i prayed and pondered again the other day to know if i should be a visiting teacher to her, i got a response saying i should be but the problem is she is in the other ward/time. i tried this before but wasnt sure, not that i got the complete answer yes i can be her visiting teacher, i can include her with the approval of her ward and my ward. so the question is you think i can use the visiting teaching message, use a picture that goes with that to teach her the lessons in the future? (since she has a hard time understanding stuff):)

Its not mandatory we use the visiting teaching message; its only put out there for those whom wish to use it. actually yu can teach anything the spirit may direct you to share.:)

Also, keep in mind that you don't need a calling to be her friend. You can still visit her, fellowship her and teach her even if you aren't her formal visiting teacher. I think it's wonderful that you're reaching out to her in this way; best of luck to you.

"Remember, our real calling to be a compassionate Christian came when we stepped out of the waters of baptism. The gift of the Holy Ghost is ours by right of confirmation. We don't need to check it out of the meetinghouse library. We don't need a bishop's assignment to be kind. We don't need to sign up to be thoughtful. We don't need to be sustained by our wards to be sensitive. Rejoice in the power you have within you from Christ to be a nucleus of love, forgiveness, and compassion. Do not feel that your gift is insignificant. Be an instrument in His hands so that He can use you anytime, anywhere."

-- Chieko N. Okazaki

Also, keep in mind that you don't need a calling to be her friend. You can still visit her, fellowship her and teach her even if you aren't her formal visiting teacher. I think it's wonderful that you're reaching out to her in this way; best of luck to you.

"Remember, our real calling to be a compassionate Christian came when we stepped out of the waters of baptism. The gift of the Holy Ghost is ours by right of confirmation. We don't need to check it out of the meetinghouse library. We don't need a bishop's assignment to be kind. We don't need to sign up to be thoughtful. We don't need to be sustained by our wards to be sensitive. Rejoice in the power you have within you from Christ to be a nucleus of love, forgiveness, and compassion. Do not feel that your gift is insignificant. Be an instrument in His hands so that He can use you anytime, anywhere."

-- Chieko N. Okazaki

Exactly my thoughts as I started reading this thread. I would have posted that but you beat me to it.