How do I?

susieSA

How do I findout who is reserving names on www.new.familysearch.org ?

The reason I am asking this question is because there is quite a bit of my family - as in great grandparents etc who have been reserved when I look them up on new.familysearch.

I also saw that a few of them have church temple records or something like that as a source. What does this mean?

I would really love to do this work myself... But if there is someone who is doing the work because this is thier line I would love to get in contact with them. The only members in my family that I know of is my parents, grandparents (on my mother's side) and one cousin. Alot of the work has been done in the USA - as far as I know I don't have any family in the USA. This could very well mean that I have someone else who is LDS in my family (know for a fact that my cousin is not doing this work)

• 1 month later...

Hi susieSA!

I think you will find, if you came from Pioneer Stock or early England converts, most of the stuff if done, or has already been reserved by those who got the system earlier.

However, that being said, there is an immense amount of work to be done with the brothers and sisters and their children and their children from the direct line. In fact that is what we are supposed to do now. If your direct line has been work to death, then its time to concentrate on the small limbs and twigs that sprout from the direct line.

If the source is church temple records then usually that temple work was done some time ago.

If you want to find out who is doing stuff. Find a name you want to look at. Go to details (on the left tool bar) on the next screen on the right side you will find contributors. Click on those. That will give you the last known address or email for that person.

If you want to reserve the research only for you. You need to apply for "Legacy" of that line. Go to the help button and ask the question or call the help line.