Ldstalk Code Of Conduct

Spencer

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB.

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Dual posting for the purpose of hideing your identity will not be tolerated, please PM a moderator if you have any information of someone abusing this rule.

Bashing ones church or faith will not be permitted.

-- Including disrespectfully discussing Temple Ceremonies.

Offensive name calling of any sort to anyone on this site will not be tolerated.

Links to Anti LDS or anything else offensive will not be tolerated, this includes cut and pasteing articles from or by anti. If you want to discuss something put it in your own words and discuss.

Comments of offensive, dis-respectful, or ill nature towards the leaders of ones faith or church, that bother members of this board are not acceptable.

Consequences to these rules could result in the following, and are determined on a case by case/post by post basis.

Offender be placed on moderator status for no less than 2 weeks.

Post will be locked for no less than 24 hours if has gotten out of hand.

We try to have the agreement of at least one other moderator, if not more before making final decisions.

Please make a conscious effort to stay on topic and respect your fellow posters, and please report and problems you have, That’s what we’re here for and we want to make this a better place for you.

This list is ever changeing and updated as we see necessary.

-LDSTalk Staff

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I am trying to let the moderators of this site know that it is almost impossible to figure out how to contact a moderator, or how to figure out how to start a new topic in Forums. I have been coming here since about 93, but with this last change, I can't see anywhere how to start a new topic. All I can figure out is how to reply to comments. It would be nice if this information was listed clearly and visibly on the home page, preferably in the top line where it has ?LDS chat rules, Blog, Search, help, etc. Help did not tell me how to reach a moderator or how to start a new topic. Netiher did search. I'm lost. Would love to come back and talk to everyone. :blush: Oh so now I read below that you can PM any moderator. HOW? Instead of just saying 'You can PM any moderator you wish", maybe some instructions on how to do it would be helpful. THANKS!

Penlady

Right at the top of the thread is a button that says 'new topic'. To contact a moderator, simply click on the 'report' button at the bottom of every post and your question will go to at least one moderator, and usually more than three. One of us will get it and reply as necessary. Or, you can do what SF said and PM a specific moderator directly.

I am trying to let the moderators of this site know that it is almost impossible to figure out how to contact a moderator, or how to figure out how to start a new topic in Forums. I have been coming here since about 93, but with this last change, I can't see anywhere how to start a new topic. All I can figure out is how to reply to comments. It would be nice if this information was listed clearly and visibly on the home page, preferably in the top line where it has ?LDS chat rules, Blog, Search, help, etc. Help did not tell me how to reach a moderator or how to start a new topic. Netiher did search. I'm lost. Would love to come back and talk to everyone. :blush: Oh so now I read below that you can PM any moderator. HOW? Instead of just saying 'You can PM any moderator you wish", maybe some instructions on how to do it would be helpful. THANKS!

Penlady

have you always been here as Penlady??? there are several of us that have been here for a long time....perhaps they have chatted with you before???

<div class='quotemain'>

Penlady

have you always been here as Penlady??? there are several of us that have been here for a long time....perhaps they have chatted with you before???

Yes Palerider, it's just the same ole me, I have other posts under Penlady. Had a number of terminally ill family members to take care of, Dad passed away a few weeks ago, so I didn't have time for LDStalk, but I'm back now, and there have been a few changes so I couldn't figure out how to get into the forums.

Happy new year!

Penlady

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Penlady

Yes Palerider, it's just the same ole me, I have other posts under Penlady. Had a number of terminally ill family members to take care of, Dad passed away a few weeks ago, so I didn't have time for LDStalk, but I'm back now, and there have been a few changes so I couldn't figure out how to get into the forums.

Happy new year!

Penlady

and a Happy New Year to you...........and welcome back... :)

Right at the top of the thread is a button that says 'new topic'. To contact a moderator, simply click on the 'report' button at the bottom of every post and your question will go to at least one moderator, and usually more than three. One of us will get it and reply as necessary. Or, you can do what SF said and PM a specific moderator directly.

THANKS SO MUCH! I think I got stuck on the Forums home page that just is an index of all the topics, and I didn't see anything there like "new topic" but now I see you have to go into the section that you are interested in, then you see "new topic" at the top.

Happy new year!

Penlady

i dont understand what has happened to the messages. why aren't the messages all showing the way they were? what's with the message tree that is at the bottom of the screen? what was wrong with the way it was? it doesn't ...oh..skip it

It seems you have altered your Display format...you need to go to Options at the top of the thread, and choose Standard for the kind of Display you want...I'm not sure what Linear+ is as I'm happy with the Standard form..

<div class='quotemain'>

i dont understand what has happened to the messages. why aren't the messages all showing the way they were? what's with the message tree that is at the bottom of the screen? what was wrong with the way it was? it doesn't ...oh..skip it

It seems you have altered your Display format...you need to go to Options at the top of the thread, and choose Standard for the kind of Display you want...I'm not sure what Linear+ is as I'm happy with the Standard form..

thanks...don't know how that happened :dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

Good Job Pushka! :D