Sacrement

Guest &lusername&gt

Guest &lusername&gt

IN your wards, i was just wandering, How many Preists do you usaly use for blessing the sacrament, and how many decons pass? and how oftondoes the Mel. Preisthood have to help out? in my ward, we use 2 preists and 6 decons, and we only have 2 teachers, and 3 decons so we use help all the tiem from the mel. preisthood, uslay th eYM presadancy.

• 2 years later...

I have a question to should i be taking sacrament if i am not a member but want to be baptized in the religion but my parents wont let me <_<:huh::blink::wub: Im in love with my boy friend huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

You don't have to or need to but you can if you want to. It just won't have the same meaning for you as it does for the others. For those who were baptized it is a symbol of renewing their covenants they made at their baptism.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question to should i be taking sacrament if i am not a member but want to be baptized in the religion but my parents wont let me

I would hope your reasons for joining the church are a lot more then a love for your boyfriend. Like know the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet (and had the first vision). that the priesthood has been restored and revelation is on the earth, and that there are prophets on the earth today.

As far as your question, generally non-members don't take the sacrament until after they have ben baptised. But if you do have questions ask the missionaries (I assume you are meeting with them)>

• 4 weeks later...

I was just given the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday. Before

services one of the members told me to keep my eyes open and watch

how they pass the bread and water. From the sound of it, I guess

I will be passing soon. I hope I don’t mess up when they ask me!

Hey, it's my first post in the Priesthood Quorum forum!

This evening I hung up the certificate on the wall!

In my branch 2 priesthood holders bless the sacrament and 2 pass it - whoever is available does the job I remember my husband wearing a coloured shirt (he had only ever lived in a ward) because he didn't want to bless the sacrament - I just grinned to myself sure enough he was asked, any shirt or no shirt does when you have a shortage.

-Charley

It depends what time of year for my ward. When school is in session, we usually have enough young men to take care of the sacrament. In the summer time and when there seems to be an illness going around town is when we see the Mel. priesthood holders pitching in. Last week, we had a few high priests helping with the sacrament, due to a bout of whooping cough ripping through the county.