Satan can hear us?

tubaloth

Not really. Scripture, as a matter of evidence, is nothing more than a person's stated opinion.

True enough, I suppose. But that person is/was a prophet of God, a person with in depth and first hand knowledge of the situation which would qualify them as an "expert witness" -whose testimony is considered evidence in a court of law. Soooo yes, scripture is evidence. And the great thing about the Gospel is that you can seek and study and pray and ask and gain your own personal testimony - making YOU the "expert witness".

Now if you're not willing to accept scripture as a satisfactory source of information when having a spiritual and doctrinal discussion, then you probably have a pretty weak (or nonexistent) testmony (a situation with which I am intimately familiar) and you should start your own thread about that rather than hijacking this one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaddya mean "huh?" Dogma is not evidence. It doesn't matter if I believe it, as a matter of faith, or not. I asked for evidence. Do you understand the difference between dogma and fact/reason?

Snow do you believe the Bible, BM, D&C & PGP to be the word of God?

Prayer is a direct communication between you and God. Nobody else can hear unless, of course, you verbally say it. Only God knows what you whisper to him in your mind and heart.

So does saying a prayer out loud vs saying it in hour hearts help or hurt a prayer? Help or hurt Satan?

Or is it more the spirit of the prayer (no matter if it is done in the mind or verbal?).

Good ideas!

So does saying a prayer out loud vs saying it in hour hearts help or hurt a prayer? Help or hurt Satan?

Or is it more the spirit of the prayer (no matter if it is done in the mind or verbal?).

Good ideas!

I think there is definitely a power in being verbal. Note the first verse of St John "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God," or the JST "In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God." Also note Genesis 1: "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." In priesthood blessings, the blessing is given vocally (would the blessing still be effective if the giver only "thought" it?).

Topical Guide: Word

Ezekiel 12 "For I am the Lord: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass; it shall be no more prolonged: for in your days, O rebellious house, will I say the word, and will perform it, saith the Lord God."

Moses 4 "For as I, the Lord God, liveth, even so my words cannot return void, for as they go forth out of my mouth they must be fulfilled."

Doctrine and Covenants 132 "I am the Lord thy God; and I give unto you this commandment—that no man shall come unto the Father but by me or by my word, which is my law, saith the Lord."

Is your belief based on anything? Is there any evidence, whatsoever, that Satan is a mind-reader?

None that i'm aware of. People can't accept the fact that such a though could from inside of them so it's much easier to blame it on someone else. The overwhelming majority of thoughts come from ourselves.. and that's important to remember.

None that i'm aware of. People can't accept the fact that such a though could from inside of them so it's much easier to blame it on someone else. The overwhelming majority of thoughts come from ourselves.. and that's important to remember.

I think this is very true and often overlooked.

I believe that Satan tempts us through our senses. This can put thoughts in our minds we may not have had otherwise.

As far as whether or not he can know our thoughts, I'm not sure if I was clear.

You parents know your thoughts at times. Your friends know your thoughts at times. Those who are close to you and know you can determin your thoughts with relative accuracy.

Satan sees what we do and hears what we say... even in private. What a person does in private reveals a lot about them. It would be easy for any of us to know each other's thoughts if we knew what each other did in private.

As far as whether he can get inside our head and tap into our thoughts, I don't believe so. The scriptures are, however, clear that evil spirits can possess us. I'm not sure how far this goes toward having our thoughts "tapped." Mybe we reveal our thoughts while in private might be a better way to word it.

Edited by Justice

Could you explain the mechanics or physics of how the Red Dragon implants thoughts in you brain?

He uses a high frequencey electromagnetic wave generator to remotely affect the electrical synapses between neurons in your cerebral cortex. By tuning the EM wave's frequency and amplitude he can pinpoint the appropriate centers of the brain and stimulate particular thoughts and ideas. I have read that wearing an aluminium foil helmet over your head can protect you from his intrusions. However, this has been tested by students at MIT and found to have been disinformation - the aluminium foil helmet actually amplifies the signal rather than attenuating it, making Satan's influence on your mind even stronger.

:edit:

Your best bet for preventing Satan from beaming thoughts into your head is to give up cell phones (often used as a source of the HF EM waves) and to live out in the mountains where standard radio signals can't reach you. Building an earth ship for a home is also a good way to prevent satellite signals from influencing your mind. As of yet there have been no improved helmet designs to prevent the EM waves from reaching your brain.

Edited by puf_the_majic_dragon

He uses a high frequencey electromagnetic wave generator to remotely affect the electrical synapses between neurons in your cerebral cortex. By tuning the EM wave's frequency and amplitude he can pinpoint the appropriate centers of the brain and stimulate particular thoughts and ideas. I have read that wearing an aluminium foil helmet over your head can protect you from his intrusions. However, this has been tested by students at MIT and found to have been disinformation - the aluminium foil helmet actually amplifies the signal rather than attenuating it, making Satan's influence on your mind even stronger.

:edit:

Your best bet for preventing Satan from beaming thoughts into your head is to give up cell phones (often used as a source of the HF EM waves) and to live out in the mountains where standard radio signals can't reach you. Building an earth ship for a home is also a good way to prevent satellite signals from influencing your mind. As of yet there have been no improved helmet designs to prevent the EM waves from reaching your brain.

At last... someone on this thread is applying a little logic.

Think rationally folks.

Exactly what evidence is there that Satan, 1. has ears, 2. has the ability to hear what billions of people whisper in their bedroom at night, 3. reads minds?

satan doesnt has a mouth and he can talk.. so there isnt evidence to say he cant hear without ears ...

and how come satan could read if he has no eyes being a spirit? because its well known that he knows the scriptures and tried to use them to tempt Jesus

Edited by glow_inthe_dark_girl

Numbers 28

24 After this manner ye shall offer daily, throughout the seven days, the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD: it shall be offered beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

If satan is a spirit and have no physical ears so that he can hear things. How could then Jesus/Jehova smell the sweet savour from the burnt offering? A spiritual nose can breath physical air.

So this spiritual body is more physical than we can imagine.

satan doesnt has a mouth and he can talk.. so there isnt evidence to say he cant hear without ears ...

and how come satan could read if he has no eyes being a spirit? because its well known that he knows the scriptures and tried to use them to tempt Jesus

I assume you mean that when Satan talks he produces audible sounds. Sounds - speech are noises transmitted by movement of air at audible frequencies.

Care to tell us how a non-corporeal entity creates audible speech without a mouth or voice box or lungs?

Snow,

As an alternative to posing questions, would you please care to spell out your thoughts? I fully appreciate logic--with the caveat that where deities and devils tread, the scientific method seldom proves adequate. It is the nature of a metaphysical theological discussion.

I would love to hear your views.

Sincerely,

Kawazu

I think he can hear our vocal prayers but I'm not sure about silent ones. Why were told to pray vocally where it can be heard (unless truly given in the spirit where then I dont think it's heard) tells me that it doesn't really matter if he hears it because he pretty much already knows whats going to be said in general. Power from the spoken word out weighs it being heard. It increases our faith to vocally pray. Were intentionally laying it all out in the open and in our minds we know who's listening in but it doesn't matter. I think this somehow gives us power. Like were saying I know your there but that doesn't matter to me. I'm praying to my G-d anyway and your not important to me. It's got to drive him totally insane to hear a heart felt prayer to HF. More of a punishment to him then a tool he uses against us. Maybe we should keep this in mind while praying.

I once seen a show on tv where a guy through body language (eyes, eyelid blinks, head turning and so on) could tell who was not telling the truth pretty much every time. Now take those of his minions watching us 24/7 have they not perfected knowing body language and so forth. They are masters at this and all the things we do that tells them what's on our minds. Heart rate, breathing, gestures, habits and so forth. We've all watched little ones who want a cookie before dinner for example eying them over, walking by them time and time again. Their actions changes, they start talking to themselves differently and more frequently etc. And just when they reach out for it we say "you better not take that" or something like that. Satan's minion's are pros at this.

-Marty

I assume you mean that when Satan talks he produces audible sounds. Sounds - speech are noises transmitted by movement of air at audible frequencies.

Care to tell us how a non-corporeal entity creates audible speech without a mouth or voice box or lungs?

Job. 1: 7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, ...

matthew 4: 5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:

" 'He will command his angels concerning you,

and they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'[c]"

8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

ok, so I assume satan communicated with hyper vibrations and ultrasonic waves or something like this that would satisfy your intelligence..

care to tell us how a non-corporeal entity could have known what it's written? could he read or ...

I dont see u are providing any evidence but personal opinion..

Doctrine and Covenants 131 "There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes;"

Thank you very much, I'm here til Thursday. Try the veal.

Could you explain the mechanics or physics of how the Red Dragon implants thoughts in you brain?

I did not say or mean to imply he "puts thoughts into our head."

I said he temps us through our senses, and that temptation makes us think and feel things we wouldn't have otherwise.

However, there is evidence in the scriptures that suggests Satan can put thoughts into our hearts. If that is what you are asking, then I believe I answered that... through the medium of our physical senses.

But, to answer definitively, I don't know the mechanics of how it happens.

I did not say or mean to imply he "puts thoughts into our head."

I said he temps us through our senses, and that temptation makes us think and feel things we wouldn't have otherwise.

However, there is evidence in the scriptures that suggests Satan can put thoughts into our hearts. If that is what you are asking, then I believe I answered that... through the medium of our physical senses.

But, to answer definitively, I don't know the mechanics of how it happens.

Just to be clear... you maintain that:

1. You are not implying that Satan puts thoughts in our head.

2. Satan do make us think things that would otherwise wouldn't (please compare to #1.)

3. Satan can put thoughts into our hearts.

Right?

Can Satan also put thoughts into our kidneys or pancreas?

Job. 1: 7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, ...

1. Job is allegorical - OBVIOUSLY. God does not conspire to murder his servants families.

2. Job refers to Hasatan - an agent of God, not a super evil supernatural deity trying to overthrow God.

matthew 4: 5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:

" 'He will command his angels concerning you,

and they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'[c]"

8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

Is it then your contention that Satan actually possesses the power to take/transport God, the incarnate Christ as he, Satan so chooses?

Concerning whether satan has ears:

“Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.”

Ether 3:16

Our spirits have an image/body. There is no reason to believe they don't have ears, and from the scriptures, every reason to believe they have every part we do in the flesh.:)