How far can you go back?

ryanmercer

We've gotten back to Edward I on my maternal grandmothers side (and I've been told we've gone further back than that, but I don't remember). On my maternal grandfathers side my uncles got it back fairly far as well (he's a huge geneology buff).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I went back as far as possible. I worked on it for years. The biggest problem is my father's side many books were burned, when people want to Tottenham Court of the county, but can not be run from a burning building, inside everything. Mother's side, people out there (tens if not hundreds) can not come back well, because the back of a terrible common name, they have the farthest.

My Father-in-Law is the best FIL on the planet.

For this year, his Christmas present to all his kids is a thick binder of all their ancestry - both his side and his wife's side with my husband's record (including me and my kids) on the first page. My mother-in-law comes from Scottish ancestry and my father-in-law from Wales. It's all the way to 1500 in that binder.

The binder came with a CD that is the electronic version of the binder that can be plugged to familysearch.org to add my line.

I'm really excited to start doing that after the Christmas Holidays! w00t!

• 11 months later...

I started in earnest on my family history in January this year.

By June I was back to 1650 on all lines.

I had never realised how addictive FH is!

Have been filling in the marriages/deaths on the whole tree and in January am going to make a new start on going farther back. Need to go to the County Records and see what they have there.