Triplets Receive Mission Calls Same Day, Will Enter MTC Together

KeithLBrown

Nathan, Jason and John Hansen share a lot in common. Together they comprise three-fourths of a set of quadruplets born premature at 26 weeks of gestation to John and Laurie Hansen in 1990. At nine weeks old, the fourth quadruplet passed away. When they were 6 years old, their father unexpectedly died following a sudden bout with pancreatitis.

With so many aspects of their histories already irrevocably intertwined, it's fitting that the brothers Hansen could share one of the most anticipated events in their lives by opening their mission calls at the same time.

On May 28 — the same day they graduated from high school — dozens of friends and family joined them at their home in Alpine, Utah, for the big moment. Going by reverse birth order, Nathan opened his call first and was followed by Jason and finally John. The results: Nathan is called to the Ohio Columbus Mission, Jason is bound for the Nebraska Omaha Mission and John will speak Spanish in the Florida Jacksonville Mission.

You can read the full story by going to: Triplets Receive Mission Calls Same Day, Will Enter MTC Together

Anybody else look at the pictures on the story and think, "Holy cow, they look like they just graduated from Primary!!!!! I mean, I've adjusted pretty well through the phase in life where you realize that missionaries aren't really your peers anymore, but do those kids really look old enough to be leaving on a mission to you guys or is denial setting in as I work my way toward 30?

Maybe it's a primi thing.... HAHAHA

Get it? Yeah ok, lame, I know.

Didn't know you need to speak Spanish in Jacksonville... oh wait, yeah, we do have a Spanish branch... I think. Anyways, I'm pretty sure they all speak English too.

pretty soon every mission in the US will have a spanish speaking part

i will say that I find it hard to remember that I am older than the missionaries....i became inactive shortly after my mission and reactivated this year, so the last thing I remember, as far as the church is concerned, I was a missionary....so that's my excuse...oh and I'm young at heart :)

pretty soon every mission in the US will have a spanish speaking part

i will say that I find it hard to remember that I am older than the missionaries....i became inactive shortly after my mission and reactivated this year, so the last thing I remember, as far as the church is concerned, I was a missionary....so that's my excuse...oh and I'm young at heart :)

One requirement for mission presidents called to any of the 17 missions in California is that they speak Spanish. That was instituted 3-4 years ago.