Mitt Romney

freckleface

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Mitt over all of the major dems of the 2008 election, and over the other 2 finalists in the Republican primary.

But my first choice would have been Fred Thompson. And if I ever voted for Mitt it would have been in spite of, not because of, his Mormonism.

If I was American, I would have voted for Mitt even if he was against the Fair Tax which I'm a proponent of. There was nobody on the dem side that reflected my ideals and Mitt was the strongest on the rep side that shared my ideals.

I think McCain would have had a much better chance at winning if he'd chosen Romney as his running mate, partly because Romney has general political experience and credibility, and partly because of his extensive economic experience. I would have strongly considered voting for that ticket.

If a Mormon ever wins the White House, it will be a Democrat. The Republican party base won't let anyone get elected who is religious but not evangelical. Democrats don't really care what a person's religion is.

I went to a Mitt rally and was very impressed with him. That being said, I was looking for a hybrid candidate. Maybe someone with Romney's business experience and communication skills, sprinkled with a bit of Ron Paul's ideas and wrapped with Rudy Guilianni's common sense and charisma. But, yes, I would have voted for Romney.

Mitt seemed like a decent and reasonable guy. I wished he had not flip-flopped on many issues to please the the ultra-conservatives of his party. His original positions would have made him more electable.

It's only flip-flopping if the changes are bad. In Mitt's case, they reflect maturity and that he has grown into a leader worthy of national office. :D

I wanted to vote for Arnold, but the state of Colorado has removed the blank line for writing in candidates in a presidential election (totally unconstitutional I might add).

So I voted for Obama (you may now commence the vegetable throwing).

Don't sweat it......a couple more stimulus bills and the whole USA will be just like California

I wanted to vote for Arnold, but the state of Colorado has removed the blank line for writing in candidates in a presidential election (totally unconstitutional I might add).

So I voted for Obama (you may now commence the vegetable throwing).

Arnold isn't eligble, as he wasn't born in the U.S.

Would you have voted for Mitt?

I'm curious to know what he had going on in that noggin of his for our current econimic situation were in.

Romney did some sort of health insurance thing in his state that the conservative continually brags about, but when we look into the facts, it was a complete sham and left most people in the state uninsured; and i think we have had all we can handle with George bushs idoletry of running the country as a "business". if we remember when he originaly campaigned in 2000. his "business" leadership sure did help us out didnt it?

well mitt romney was running on the same principle. being a "business" man; but i must say also romney is about 500 times more inteligent than bush. {either the first or the second}.:)

and no way would i have voted for him; although i do admire his being l.d.s of course; if any l.d.s person were to become president, it would be virtually impossible to keep a "worthy" temple recomend.:)

Romney did some sort of health insurance thing in his state that the conservative continually brags about, but when we look into the facts, it was a complete sham and left most people in the state uninsured...

While I'm not expressing my opinion of his plan (because I don't know much about it), it's only fair to point out that the Dem's took his plan and skewered it 80 times over before passing it. What went into effect in MA was not Romney's brain child...

I'm not sure I understand this, could you explain more what you mean? Would it be because of infidelity, not paying tithing, or what?

Well I'm guessing that as POTUS, the answer to "are you honest in your dealings with your fellow men" would be a resounding "NO!!!!! Haha, are you serious?"

Edited by Prodigal_Son
typo

Romney did some sort of health insurance thing in his state that the conservative continually brags about, but when we look into the facts, it was a complete sham and left most people in the state uninsured; and i think we have had all we can handle with George bushs idoletry of running the country as a "business". if we remember when he originaly campaigned in 2000. his "business" leadership sure did help us out didnt it?

well mitt romney was running on the same principle. being a "business" man; but i must say also romney is about 500 times more inteligent than bush. {either the first or the second}.:)

and no way would i have voted for him; although i do admire his being l.d.s of course; if any l.d.s person were to become president, it would be virtually impossible to keep a "worthy" temple recomend.:)

?????:huh::huh: Err.....:confused:

I'm not sure I understand this, could you explain more what you mean? Would it be because of infidelity, not paying tithing, or what? :confused:

I'm just curious.:mellow:

Well I'm guessing that as POTUS, the answer to "are you honest in your dealings with your fellow men" would be a resounding "NO!!!!! Haha, are you serious?"

I'm guessing it has more to do with the "attending all your meetings" question. An LDS POTUS would, out of necessity, fall into inactivity. Perhaps not inactivity of testimony, but certainly of attendance.