My name is Victoria, and I'm a prospective convert.

vmackenzie

Hi! My name is Victoria MacKenzie. I am currently Catholic, but I'm thinking of converting to Mormonisim. (If "mormonisim isn't the right word, please somebody tell me!) Several of my closest friends are Mormon, and since I go to a public school, many religious debates insued. These debates sparked my interest in the LDS religon. I have been interested for several years, but I'm just now really considering it as a choice.

I would like to know where to start, as I am completly new to the concept of actually converting to this religion. :confused: I have bought a "triple" to read, but that intimidated me even more. If I should purchase additional material, please tell me.

Thank you,

Victoria

My wife grew up Catholic, attended Catholic high school. Had the questions, Where did I come from, why am I here, where will I go after this life. The nuns and the priests could not answer her questions. At 15 the LDS missionaries came by her house. These young men were able to answer her questions and encouraged her to pray about it. She has been LDS for almost 40 years.

Ben Raines

Welcome! Great to hear from you. The Catholic faith and LDS faith have many similarities and (as you likely are already aware) have many values in common. The LDS church (Mormons) can be a complicated issue when you look at all the venues of study, but it's also as simple as exercising faith and praying for truth.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for. And I hope you'll come around and ask any questions you might have.

Welcome to the site!! As a recent convert myself, I can say you have found a great site. There are many helpful people here and all are willing to answer any questions you may have. I would recommend as others have to read the Bible and Book of Mormon and pray to Heavenly Father often. Call the missionaries and take the discussions. Don't be afraid to visit a ward near you and go to a service either. Good luck in your search.

Just ask your friends to contact the missionaries for you (they should be more than willing to do so). The missionaries are there to walk people through a basic understanding of the LDS faith, help you determine if it is right for you, and overall assist in the whole process.

No, there is no additional materials you should be looking to obtain. That you went out and bought a triple combination is quite something! If you feel like reading in it, the Book of Mormon is the best place to start.

Welcome!

Welcome! I am an active convert of almost 5 years; I was baptized Sept. of 2004. Before becoming a Latter-Day Saint, I was Lutheran, a close cousin of Catholicism, I believe. It took me about 8 years from being introduced to the Church to being baptized. It took me that long to really decided for myself that being LDS is what I wanted in my life. It's the best decision I've ever made! I think you will find answers to questions, friends, and support here.