pam

Advice for the Advice forum

My advice to take a look at when a thread was started and the last time someone posted. If it was 5 years ago, ummm chances are the advice needed is probably not needed any longer.

Edited by pam

If it was six months ago, it's probably not needed anymore. Over a year, almost definitely.

Seriously, though...to dig up threads that are well over five years old requires going through a LOT of pages!

It might be a good idea to lock all threads over a year old. I don't know if there is an automated way to do this with vbulletin - I certainly wouldn't want the tedious job of going through and locking all the outdated threads.

I disagree with locking ALL threads over a year old. There are some that are still pertinent to today even if started over a year ago. Advice threads are another thing.

just like a woman to complain and then not accept any of the offered "fixes"!! sheesh!!

j/k pam, please don't ban me :D

Excuse me Mr. James..but my OP was not a complaint..it was just some friendly advice. Just like a man to think a woman is complaining when she's really not. :P

heh. Someone posted 19 months after someone posted 7 months later in the "Do not post on idle advice threads" thread. Now that's funny.

Oh, wait, no it's not. Just a spammer.

Move along, people. Nothing to see here.

My advice to take a look at when a thread was started and the last time someone posted. If it was 5 years ago, ummm chances are the advice needed is probably not needed any longer.

Oh my Pam - did you ever screw this up!!!! Advice is desperately needed - just not so much from any of the PREVIOUS posters. :D

The Traveler