I'm not sure if I understand your question completely. My interpretation of your question is that you're wondering if LDS believe that fate is inevitable because it is part of "the plan" of an All-knowing God?

LDS believe strongly in free agency, therefore, it puts every person's fate in his own hands.

pre-ordained and planned

We do believe that we were pre-ordained to do things, but that doesn't mean they are going to happen. Its more that we were called to do things based off of our rightousness. If we follow that "path" then blessings well come that were probably promised before hand (that we don't know about any more).

For example we believe based off of Pre-mortal life, Men where called to be prophets or apostles even down to holding the priesthood.

We also believe in a Patriartical Blessing, which is a blessing of really promises that we can gain if we are righteous.

But we always have our Agency to choose the path that we either promised to us, or another direction.

Not sure what other chuches believe on such a thing

I can appoint you as the executor of my will, Erudito; but I can't make you serve as such if you really don't want to.

Similarly, God cannot (or will not--I'm not sure LDS theology is particularly clear on this point) force us individually to carry out His will. He tells us what He wants us to do, and then we choose whether we will do it or not.

Now, if you want something really mind-blowing: LDS theology teaches that God exists outside of time--that, as Joseph Smith put it, all things past, present, and future are continually before Him as "one eternal now". So, while from our perspective, we still have a choice: from God's perspective (one of them, anyways) it's already a done deal.

pre-ordained means to "to appoint, decree, or ordain in advance" If god is the one doing the pre-ordination then how could something not come to pass? If god says something is going to happen, doesn't it happen?

As your meaning is indicates there is no guarantee in the ordaining.

Based off of our Righteousness we gain blessings, some come sooner some are promised later even salvation. But they are always contingent on us following the same path that leads us to that point.

LDS believe that in the pre-mortal life Satan (or Lucifer) presented a plan for our salvation different then Heavenly Father's plan. In Satan's plan he was going to guarantee salvation for all. No reason to have a Savior. The way Satan planed to have this happen is to force people to make the correct choice. If we are forced to make the correct choice all the time, then no fallen state (no sin) and thus no reason for a savior.

Obviously this plan of Satan has more holes in it then Swiss cheese, but we learn the key difference in the two plans. God does not force us to follow Him! Or he does not force salvation on any of his children. We are allowed to grow as much or as little as we choose. The motivation is there because we know what we can obtain if we choose too.

Obviously this plan of Satan has more holes in it then Swiss cheese, but we learn the key difference in the two plans. God does not force us to follow Him! Or he does not force salvation on any of his children. We are allowed to grow as much or as little as we choose. The motivation is there because we know what we can obtain if we choose too.

That's an interesting point.. but I think one could say that he does force us into an opportunity for salvation (and rightfully so). What happened to the third part that was cast down because they chose Satans plan?

They're damned and their destination is outer darkness.. but when your choice is eternal chains or being forced to follow a plan you disagree with.. is that a choice at all? I suppose you could look at their actions as heroic..as they certainly were trying to bring to pass the immortality of man just like God was.

Sometimes you have to know when to switch to the winning side.

Well, it's good to know that just because god says something doesn't mean it's correct or will happen.

I guess there really are no guarantees.

That would depend on how it's expressed. There are times God speaks in absolute "this IS what will happen" terms, which I cannot bring myself to doubt is correct or will happen.

There are a fair number of prophecies in Scripture that are conditional on someone's exercise of their agency. Since I believe that God is not wrong about anything He says, my take on that is that He is correctly stating what will happen if the individuals involved choose a certain way.