Possibly the funnies Scripture ever

LDSJonesE

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

******** Am I the only one that finds this scripture funny?:) Romans 1:27

Okay, well I did put this in the YOUTH section for a reason, Maybe you'all are just to old to get the humor in it. idk....

seriously though, I mean what do you think the scripture means when it says for instance, " And the men...(the gay men might I add...) recieving in themselves... ***Hm.. I wonder, just what might it be, that they are recieving in themself?...**** I can't get any plainer than that

Sorry..older doesn't have anything to do with it. I can see how someone might find humor in it in kind of a perverse kind of way.

Sorry I think you misunderstood. I wasn't referring to the scripture as being perverse, I was referring to someone finding total humor in it. I still fail to find the humor in the scripture.

I guess I just don't see the humor. Paul felt the need to bring up the subject of homosexuality as it was so prevalent in Rome at that time. So much so that it was one of the causes of Rome to fall.

Plus you are taking the phrase "receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet" totally out of context. It was not meant the way you are taking it or what you seem to find humor in. Paul was talking about those that lose their God-given capacity to feel while indulging in sexual immorality. Paul was referring to the desensitization that takes place.

Edited by pam

Okay, well I did put this in the YOUTH section for a reason, Maybe you'all are just to old to get the humor in it.

I think you nailed it. Locker room humor gets less and less funny the more you mature.

But don't worry - there's plenty of other stuff that gets funnier and funnier.

Oh, you're talking about gay sex. Got it. Still, as others have said, locker room humor gets less funny the more you mature. Plus, it's best not to bring up that kind of stuff on an LDS board, no matter how old your intended audience. Most people here would agree that it does not belong. We don't have a crude jokes section here, even in the open forums.

I still think it's inappropriate to post (on an lds board) what you think is sexual innuendo by using the scriptures to do it. Especially when taking it totally out of context. This applies to adults as well as youth.

Edited by pam

Well let's see. "working that which is unseemly" Which would mean doing something that is not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society. Since it's talking about homosexuality and more importantly the indecent acts that they were performing; that would certainly apply here.

Definition of unseemly:

un·seem·ly (ŭn-sēm'lē) Posted Image

adj. un·seem·li·er, un·seem·li·est

• Not in accord with accepted standards of good taste; grossly improper.Not suited to the circumstances; inappropriate.
adv. In an improper or inappropriate manner.

un·seem'li·ness n.

Again I think you are trying to read more "dirty" into this scripture than what is really there.

Edited by pam