What Is Your Current/favorite Church Calling

As I think back about my service within the church I have given this some careful consideration.

Service is a wonderful thing in the church. Service allows us to build who we are personally as well as spiritually at times. I think about the times I have been called to speak in public in places other then the church. My family was very impressed as I was able to speak at my Aunts funeral this week. I was grateful for the opportunity to give her a tribute but I felt some confidence because of my service within the church and things I had been called to do in the past.

It has been said that in order to really love someone we need to serve or sacrifice for them. I think about the times I have served with children as a teacher and I can say without a doubt that I did grow to love them. Some of my very best friends have also been people whom I have served with in the church. Originally we were bound together in service later be became bound together in friendship and love.

Currently, I am serving with my husband and 3 other couples as the activities committee.

I teach the 5-year-olds in Primary. Originally I was supposed to assist my wife in the Nursery, but I think someone realized I'd just roll around in the floor with the babies for two hours, so I was moved "up".

I was worried when I got the calling, but a friend said "Maybe they think the combat experience will come in handy." :lol:

It's been a great calling, and I'd hate to give it up.

My current calling is Achievements Days !!!! I have always loved all of my callings because I have always gained something important out of each of them. But my heart will always be fond of YW, I loved to watch each of them grow and change and become closer with there heavenly father.

Laureltree

Past favorite....Primary!

I loved having the the older kids right before they turned 12. A couple of them I had in nursery (when I first joined the church :) )....so we knew each other pretty well, and when they started acting up... I would just remind them that I saw them in diapers.... they behaved very well from then on ;)

It was nice to see them grow up and attain the different levels of responsiblity and maturity that you wished for them when they were younger. :)

Originally posted by Jenda@Jun 25 2005, 06:40 AM

A slightly off-topic question. What happens if there are not enough people in the ward to fill all the positions?

I live in UT and often positions are created in order to allow willing people to serve. On the other hand, because of the lack of willing people to serve, I have seen where people take on several callings at a time.

When we serve others we become more like Christ. Service also unites us with those around us...service is a blessing. Many helpers make heavy work light. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I enjoy teaching. It was a Sunday School teacher that first made a spiritual impression in my life. I perfer teaching youth because of their honiesty.

My least favorit is leadership (presidencies). Currently I am serving at what I enjoy the least.

The Traveler