The Bible is so confusing!

Hmm, nope. I don't see fig tree anywhere. I mentioned oak trees and mustard trees (though the latter really isn't a proper tree) but I don't see fig anywhere. Just to make sure, however, I looked over the portions of text I was using as reference:

All quotes use the King James version, except for the Gospel of Thomas (editors Barnstone and Meyer edition), but a quick look over the other translations appear to use the same mustardey foliage.

Incidentally, I'd personally remember mentioning figs because I used to have one outside my house when I was young. Once I ate so many as to be sick and have abstained from them ever since. :mellow:

Sorry I got that confused but ... if we should interpret the story as a parable, what's your point? It is a tree non the less now there's a lot of pictures and pictures can be doctored up. Can you provide me with an actual full size Mustard tree and an article that proves that?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic