Question about garment (washing machine)

Guest JoshDwellington

Guest JoshDwellington

Hey !!

today I just got endowed at the teeeeeemple !! =)

it was in Zolikofen, Switzerland, super sweet

Anyways my question (as i forgot to ask) is :

Is it ok to wash the garments with other 'colored' clothes ??

I do exercise a lot, so I have my other non white briefs, and I wonder if it's possible to wash them all together without ruining the whiteness of my garment ??

By the way, it's the 100% nylon and 85/15 synth-cotton.

Thanks !!

josh

I think it depends on the clothes... usually I wash mine seperately, but if I mix them up unintentionally, they've still remained white. On the other hand, my father once did a load of garments and accidentally put in one red shirt, and they were all tinted pink! I'd wash them seperately, to stay on the safe side.

i'm lucky to get all the wash done at all. lol i try to separate the colors and whites like a good molly but sometimes i can't, it's all i can do to stay on top of the wash as it is. i can live with dingy undies. i don't think i'll be struck down for it. if you can wash them seperate go for it, if you can't don't lose any sleep over it. but that's just my approach. lol

i'm lucky to get all the wash done at all. lol i try to separate the colors and whites like a good molly but sometimes i can't, it's all i can do to stay on top of the wash as it is. i can live with dingy undies. i don't think i'll be struck down for it. if you can wash them seperate go for it, if you can't don't lose any sleep over it. but that's just my approach. lol

Truer words...

Yeah, were talking laundry here. You're gonna get 16 different answers.

I have 2 bins (whites, colors) and I seperate "lights" and "darks" with my colors. Yup, I'm anal. :D

I don't recommend mixing loads, unless you're CERTAIN that there's nothing in there that's going to bleed color all over white stuff.

Slightly side note: last time I bought more garments, I said something to the sister helping me about how hard a time I have with keeping them as white as they should be. One useful piece of advice was to NOT use the high setting on the dryer. Use a lower setting for synthetics. Seems to be working.

I used to mix them, but boy, they got dingy fast. I even washed them with a dress once and everything turned pale pink!

When I get new garments I will always wash them separately from anything dark.

Just be careful with towels as well. If you spilled something that stains on a white towel and it gets on the garment in the wash and it's one of those things that not even oxyclean can get out. . .

We wash whites with whites and most of the time underwear is it's own load. We don't have a dryer so we hang our clothes out on the line of course we live in the country at the end of a dead end road.

Our whites seem to stay white longer than they did back when we had a dryer.

I'd worry about dust blowing all over white stuff. How do you prevent that? (Just curiosity. I live in the middle of a good-size city, and a clothesline is not an option.)

Well #1 there isn't much dust to blow around unless we kick it up ourselves (we live in the middle of 60 acers at the end of a dead end road so not much traffic )

#2 The yard is grass so that helps keep dust down

#3 when it is dead still then no dust blows and when it is windy the dust that blows blows right off.

#4 I always give my laundry a good Snap when I take it off the line then put it in the basket and I have yet to see dust.

lacie

On a side note...

I've read in an old journal how one sister did her laundry (which is nothing like how we do it today) But she washed her whites first then her colors then last the work clothes etc. It was more in the line of what was the dirtiest. Course back then they didn't have fresh water for every load of laundry and many a load was washed in a boiling kettle of wash water. Laundry day was an ALL DAY event!!! Aren't we all thankful for modern washers!?

Lacie

Guest missingsomething

I wash mine (and yes I do bleach cuz I like to keep my whites white)... separate... and I dry them on low. They do absorb other colors quickly.

On a side note...

I've read in an old journal how one sister did her laundry (which is nothing like how we do it today) But she washed her whites first then her colors then last the work clothes etc. It was more in the line of what was the dirtiest. Course back then they didn't have fresh water for every load of laundry and many a load was washed in a boiling kettle of wash water. Laundry day was an ALL DAY event!!! Aren't we all thankful for modern washers!?

Lacie

Lol, I think about this every time I do the washing - and to think people complain about doing it today :P