Canadian health care will kill you

Winnie G

Those who do not wish to receive care when they or their loved ones are sick!!! Why should they? Surely suffering, death or bankruptcy are desirable consequences when it comes to not wanting health care.

This charge of choosing not to have coverage is just a cover for these folks inability to obtain affordable health care, just as this end point calculation is an attempt to minimize the scope of the problem.

:)

Excuse me Moshka. You have no idea what you are talking about. I CHOSE not to have health insurance because it was CHEAPER for me to put the premiums in a semi-liquid investment and let that investment pay for my yearly doctor visit that costs SIXTY dollars! I was a healthy 21 year old living a healthy lifestyle without any chronic conditions. I did not carry insurance until I was 27 when I decided to get married. THEN I took health insurance because I had a goodly possibility of requiring maternity care and then pediatric care. My mastercard that I got when I was 21? That was for when in my moment of insanity I fall off a building and break 6 of my ribs, my leg in 3 places, and my neck for that matter and my investment is not enough to cover. If I get in a car accident, I had car insurance. And, if all else fails, there's always my uncle who is a general surgeon, my other uncle who is a dentist, my brother who was in med school at the time, my sister who is a nurse, my aunt who is a nurse, 4 of my cousins who are also nurses, my other cousin who is a physical therapist... between all of them, I'm sure they can fix me up. When you're young and single living a healthy lifestyle without chronic conditions, it is cheaper to pay your own way. Remember, health insurance is all about "what if". And "what if" can be converted to a $ value by statistics. And with that monetary value, you can compare whether it is cheaper to pay insurance or let the money gain interest in a savings account.

I think this concept is completely alien to you. That people can actually choose to be their own health insurance provider. It is all part of provident living.

Now, here's the 60 million dollar question... so, how come people can afford car insurance? Or is this the next thing to get nationalized too?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it is the nutty republicans who are the problem in this HC debate: The brutal truth about America’s healthcare - Americas, World - The Independent

Although those massive malpractice payouts would obviously have some effect, partisan GOP lead fighting in america has turned 'USA Health Care' into a complete basket case. Apparently even 3rd-world-Philippines are doing HC better nowadays (according to anatess here).

this says it well "From a distance, the hysteria at politicians' town hall meetings these past two weeks across the US comes across as the theatre of the absurd. Except the show has featured a death threat to one congressman and a senator who asked for a special police guard when he took on his critics, as well as yelling crowds of supporters and opponents of reform accusing each other of being Nazis and communists. But are we not talking of comfort and healing?..." again from The Independent, Rupert Cornwell. Same sanity is found in this world! but most US members claim to have a 'God inspired' HC system? nice

Edited by Charlyc

It takes a lot of chutzpah to take a local, privately-organized entity that voluntarily provides free medical care to over 1,500 people and try to twist that into a story justifying the need for government-run health care.

I also notice that the article doesn't say a word about California's extensive network of public health clinics and state-run health plans for low income people. But then, these programs--like the rest of the state--are broke.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

I was browsing today and this article came up. What happens when they figure out that the accountants were right and we are running at 100 billion deficit on health care? Canada is cutting medically necessary surgeries because they are running 100 million short. And they say they will cut their operating rooms by 1/3 during the Olympics. The article:Thousands of surgeries may be cut in Metro Vancouver, leaked paper reveals

I was browsing today and this article came up. What happens when they figure out that the accountants were right and we are running at 100 billion deficit on health care? Canada is cutting medically necessary surgeries because they are running 100 million short. And they say they will cut their operating rooms by 1/3 during the Olympics. The article:Thousands of surgeries may be cut in Metro Vancouver, leaked paper reveals

Sssshhhh, you'll get reported to the White House... Go put your Angry Mob costume on. I bought one for $1,000,000 from Palerider- he says it's a bargain.

Once your Angry Mob costume is on, you can post in total anonymity and you won't be black listed!

I'll say it again: in Canada the provinces handle the healthcare and not the federal government.

You can't be serious in thinking that a comment made by a member of the opposition party (referring to ONE health district in the entire country which consists of only two major hospitals) is actually creditable?

Feel free to debate the healthcare in the US all you want but please leave us out of it because the more you try to make comparisons the harder you fail.

j.

Umm . . . who was doing the fear tactics and scare mongering, here?

Maybe you're not aware of this because you're not in the US, but there are options in place for Americans who cannot pay for their own healthcare. Not perfect ones, mind you. But contrary to international belief, American hospital doorsteps are not littered with the corpses of people who couldn't afford health care..

Well the options are not good. Go to the county and beg or go to the emergency room and be stuck with an enormous bill for a small thing.

Edited by unityinduality

Most young adults I know would love to have health care but can not afford it.

That's definitely true when it comes to COBRA insurance that is available when someone is laid off, since it's extremely expensive. As a result, when someone is laid off and loses their health insurance as a result, they couldn't afford to buy their own health insurance. In California, the unemployment rate rose this month, while in the rest of the country, the rate went down.

For Immediate Release

U.S. Government Unveils Health Care Partnership With God Inc.

WASHINGTON (Iowahawk Business PR Wire) -- U.S. Government CEO Barack Obama announced today that his firm had embarked on a new joint venture with metaphysical industrial giant God, saying that "We are God’s partners in matters of life and death."

"This partnership is a natural," said Obama. "We both are unfathomably large, we both control people's lives, we both work in mysterious ways, we both have a fanatical customer base. Instead of competing, it just made basic business sense to work together to become the premier developer of mission critical life-and-death operating systems."

The announcement came before the annual GodCon trade show in Las Vegas, where Obama gave a product demo of the iGod heath care rationing device, the first of what he said would be "many development projects" between US Government and God. He encouraged independent God developers to support the closed-source iGod / iGov health care platform, warning that "woe be unto the unlicensed app developer, for he shall be smote by a vengeful hail of ACORNs."

Other iGod apps currently in beta test include an end-of-life calculator, income leveler, and a wireless database detector for anti-government heretics and apostates.

"I believe this exciting health care partnership opportunity with the Almighty will be every bit as successful as our previous peace partnerships in the Middle East, and will pave the way for an eventual merger," said Obama. No date has been set for Government-God merger plans, but the FTC has signalled it would give quick approval.

To finance the project, Obama said US Government would seek US$2 trillion in a 103rd round of involuntary venture capital.

Headquartered in Washington DC, U.S. Government (NASDAQ: USAGOV) employs over 4,000,000 full time workers, with projected 2009 revenues of US$1.7 trillion and EBITDA of (minus) $2.1 trillion. Founded in 1789, the firm produces a diversified portfolio of products and services including military operations, postal delivery, free money, automobiles, and I.O.U.s. Its Health Care division has been in business since 1965.

God, Inc. is a privately traded, infinitely dimensionless enterprise headquartered on the ethereal plane, and has been the largest vendor of corporeal reality, including life and death, since its founding at the alpha origin of time. Its financial prospectus and mission statement were unavailable at press time.

:)

Hmmmmmm. So when liberals stage protests it's just exercising their rights to free speech, but when non-liberals rally it's called a mob? Got it.

JD you have it correct....Nancy Pelosi said so.....one correction, its not a Mob......."Angry Mob" is what we were called....and carrying swastikas(sp).