Start Packing

Winnie G

Hello every one!

My Hubby just called and used some fancy army lingo that I did not understand.

Something to do with his secretly clearance and only to of them on base yad yad yad, “OK what does that have to do with us”.

He said “start packing we leave on vacation tomorrow not next week.

Well Thank you for the timely warning”! :o

So we are leaving in the morning for Nauvoo Illinois and then on to Mackinac city and Mackinaw Island from there we will be heading home after we swing by a friends home on a base near Barrie in Ontario.

I will be home in two weeks

I will check in tonight for one last time before I hit the road.

My dog died this afternoon. :(

She was 12, it happened so fast, Ed gave her a blessing and he stayed with her at the vets.

I feel like a coward not staying there with him, He just kissed me and said you go to the car; the Vet cased me out to the car and said you can take as much time as you want we don’t have to do it right away.

I had a complete melt down, my daughter and one of my sons held me till he remembered his dad left his wallet in the car.

Now I have to some how wrap my mind around leaving in the morning and be happy to go.

I remembered reading in a old book by Joseph Feilding Smith that pets have sole. That is a grate comfort to my family.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

We know they don’t live forever and we treat them as a child in the family.

Why do we gut our self with every hart brake?

This wonderful girl had her own little hide a bed she even know how to unfold it to sleep on it.

She was queen of the house and of our harts.

Winnie,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. :( I know how they can become part of the family. My mother lost her dog, "Sugar Bear", this spring. He was about the same age. He was very smart and gentle. He was also very active until about a week before he died. We all still miss him, but we try to think about the fun times we had, instead of dwelling on his death.

I hope that you can find some comfort in my post and enjoy your vacation with your family. :)

Thank you. its 7:30 AM and we are just about to hit the road.

My eyes still feel like I am blinking sand.

I had to call two of my sonss lat night, the one I thought would take the news badly was more worried about me and his Dad. its funny how much they can be all they can be even when you dont expect them to be.

see you in two weeks.