Bill SB 572 - Important to California Residents

PeaceRoseRest

I'm just passing along this e-mail that came to me from friends of mine who live in California. They desire to spread the word to anyone who lives in the State of California to call the governor and encourage him to once again veto this legislation. Thanks for taking time to read it. It's possible to copy/paste this into an e-mail in order to pass it along to others not using this site.

Have a great day!

PRR

If you don't live in California, Please forward to anyone on your email list who does. We need to get the word out!!

Gov. Schwarzenegger is being pressured more from all sides to sign this bill.

If signed, SB 572 would pressure every California public school to have an official Harvey Milk Day promoting the homosexual, bisexual, and transsexual agenda to children as young as kindergarten. The sky is the limit on what a school considers suitable commemorative exercises. This is written so broadly, SB 572 could allow gay-pride parades on campus, cross-dressing, and homosexual marriage dramas, etc. It all going to come down to how much pressure California 's governor feels. Remember, last year the Democrat-controlled Legislature passed Harvey Milk Gay Day, but Schwarzenegger vetoed it.

This year, Schwarzenegger is being lobbied more heavily by homosexual activists. Sean Penn, who played Harvey Milk on the big screen, and Milk's homosexual activist nephew, have both personally lobbied Schwarzenegger to ask him to sign SB 572. Otherdifferences from last year is that there are four more Democrats in the Assembly voting for Harvey Milk Gay Day. And for the first time, a Republican, Senator Abel Maldonado, is supporting this anti-traditional family value bill.

This call will only take about 30 seconds to complete.

Call Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger at 916-445-2841. Listen to the recorded message and press in the following order:

1 (English)

2 (legislation)

1 (SB572)

2 (against)

Define irony.

Teaching children people are all the same. By having special holidays to celebrate our differences. :rolleyes:

I wonder what the public reaction would be to having a commemoration day celebrating all things heterosexual?

Agreed: preaching we are all the same by commemorating one special group of people is ludicrous.

I wonder what the public reaction would be to having a commemoration day celebrating all things heterosexual?

Agreed: preaching we are all the same by commemorating one special group of people is ludicrous.

Well, it's not "Homosexuals Day" or "Celebrate Homosexuality Day." It's "Harvey Milk Day." Yes, Harvey Milk was gay, but as the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in California, he also did a lot for the homosexual community, be that good or bad. In the end he was assassinated. On the surface, and in light of the events of the last year or so in CA, it's easy to assume that this is just a day to celebrate homosexuals, but it's not actually.

All that said, if I lived in CA, I would probably write to my Congressperson and urge them to vote no on the bill, mostly because I think it's unfair to celebrate one person who had a very limited period of service, who had a movie made about them because they were gay. There are many other policitians who have devoted a lifetime of service who could and perhaps also should be celebrated.

I'm just pointing out that it's not just celebrating homosexuality.

If memory serves, Milk wasn't a martyr to the gay cause, just because of his personal life. He just had the misfortune to be in the office when a psycho ex-employee went on a rampage.

Should we declare special commemorative days for all the straight bosses who died of similar causes, or is it really that much more devastating a social loss for a gay boss to die of being in the path of a nut?

If memory serves, Milk wasn't a martyr to the gay cause, just because of his personal life. He just had the misfortune to be in the office when a psycho ex-employee went on a rampage.

Should we declare special commemorative days for all the straight bosses who died of similar causes, or is it really that much more devastating a social loss for a gay boss to die of being in the path of a nut?

Non survivors postal workers day?