Setheus Needs Prayers

Lindy

Setheus,

I just heard that you got hurt. I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. :( I feel that you guys are the true heroes in this country, and I pray that you have a speedy recovery. :)

I also want you to know that you have the support of a great number of people in the USA. We think that you guys are accomplishing a great deal and want to thank you for your efforts! :) :D

PS: Three of my friends have just recently signed up to join different branches of the service.

Lindy asked me to check for information since the DoD keeps pretty close tabs on injured personnel. The only recent Department of Defense report from Afghanistan is an incident Saturday.

WASHINGTON, July 30, 2005 – Two U.S. servicemembers and an Afghan interpreter were wounded early today when their patrol was struck by an improvised explosive device north of Deh Rahwod in Oruzgan province, Combined Forces Command Afghanistan officials reported.

The unit was conducting a security patrol and was not in contact with enemy forces, officials said.

The injured were transported to the U.S. base at Kandahar Airfield for treatment, but none of the injuries were serious, officials reported.

(From a Combined Forces Command Afghanistan news release.)

If that was Setheus, let's hope he's doing well.

I heard from him last night

He says he's ok...pretty heavily sedated though :(

When I hear anything else...I'll post

Thanks for the prayers I know he will appreciate them all

oh, and *Eros is in the same hospital..... don't forget prayers for him too!

Thanks Outshined for checking on that for me!

Originally posted by Outshined@Aug 1 2005, 08:13 AM

Lindy asked me to check for information since the DoD keeps pretty close tabs on injured personnel. The only recent Department of Defense report from Afghanistan is an incident Saturday.

WASHINGTON, July 30, 2005 – Two U.S. servicemembers and an Afghan interpreter were wounded early today when their patrol was struck by an improvised explosive device north of Deh Rahwod in Oruzgan province, Combined Forces Command Afghanistan officials reported.

The unit was conducting a security patrol and was not in contact with enemy forces, officials said.

The injured were transported to the U.S. base at Kandahar Airfield for treatment, but none of the injuries were serious, officials reported.

(From a Combined Forces Command Afghanistan news release.)

If that was Setheus, let's hope he's doing well.

I'm not going to say if it was, or if it wasn't right now

All I know is that he still needs extra prayers.....my words not his....and I just want to say Thank You for those who posted, and got ahold of me in pm's and on IM for showing him that he has support from this board family.

I love you guys

Originally posted by shanstress70@Aug 5 2005, 05:08 AM

Lindy,

Any word on how either Setheus or Eros is doing?

They are both still recovering from wounds, and having a bit of fun together at the expense of the nurses ;)

I know they still both need prayers and positive thoughts (whether they think they do or not <_< )

Originally posted by lindy9556+Aug 5 2005, 05:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Aug 5 2005, 05:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--shanstress70@Aug 5 2005, 05:08 AM

Lindy,

Any word on how either Setheus or Eros is doing?

They are both still recovering from wounds, and having a bit of fun together at the expense of the nurses ;)

I know they still both need prayers and positive thoughts (whether they think they do or not <_< )

I'm not letting this drop down, out of sheer utter determination, AND stubbornness, AND the belief in prayers...

When I know it's time to stop bumping this back to the top..then I'll stop.

I doubled down on my prayers this week

Originally posted by Setheus@Aug 9 2005, 06:22 PM

Ladies ladies....we're both gonna live. ;) "Tis only a flesh wound"

Seriously though we're both fine. Thanks for the thoughts :)

Yeah a Huh. ;)

It;s great to see you posting Setheus. Just know that you are cared for VERY MUCH! :D

Originally posted by Setheus@Aug 9 2005, 05:22 PM

Ladies ladies....we're both gonna live. ;)    "Tis only a flesh wound"

Seriously though we're both fine.  Thanks for the thoughts  :)

Did I say "stubbornness"?

What I meant was STUBBORNNESS :P

Originally posted by lindy9556+Aug 10 2005, 05:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Aug 10 2005, 05:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Aug 9 2005, 05:22 PM

Ladies ladies....we're both gonna live. ;)    "Tis only a flesh wound"

Seriously though we're both fine.  Thanks for the thoughts  :)

Did I say "stubbornness"?

What I meant was STUBBORNNESS :P

:lol:

Setheus

"Tis only a flesh wound"

Your talking to someone who knows better, there is no such thing as a flesh wound.

Wounds are a mixture of many things. The wound is but is lest of the worries that motivates our fellow board members. shock fear and pain and what wakes you in the middle of the night is what motivates this membership, so take the prayers and like it! :rolleyes: