I made some mistakes before turning my papers in but I just talked to my bishop

CaptainMoroni

Ok so my girlfriend and I have made some serious mistakes a few months ago, I was so scared about how tohandle it or tell my bishop before my mission. I never did any of it and left her or anything I really wanna marry her after my mission. It happened a few months ago and alot but we stopped it and she is helping me get on my mission, but last night after work I confessed my sexual sins to my bishop, that was the first interview we'll have more he said, how thorough will he be and will he contact her bishop and what wi they talk about and what do you guys think? I'm still with her, I love her.

if she hasn't talked to her bishop yet then it is likely that he will call her bishop, just as a heads up that someone in his congregation may need some help in the repentance process, nothing bad...but it is likely that he will tell you before he does call her bishop. You did the right thing by talking to him, so great job! the hardest part is over, in the next interviews he may ask some more questions, but he won't get very detailed. He is there to help you repent, not make you feel more terrible about what you've done. Just have faith that he will be recieving inspiration from the Lord on how best to help you.

Confessing now was a great leap of faith and took a lot of courage, so I'm really proud of you. Had you waited and gone on your mission anyways it would have come out eventually and the consequences would likely have been more severe. You did the right thing by taking care of it now...now just continue in faith and do all that he asks of you. Study the atonement daily...not just read, but really get deep down in the scriptures and study...something my bishop has suggested to me for a similar situation is to look up every scripture in the topical guide under mercy and forgiveness...it has been amazing to see how much Christ has done, and continues to do for us! Pray often, on your knees and out loud and be completely honest with the Lord about everything...he already knows it all, but when we have the faith to tell him everything I think he can send a lot of needed blessings.

Finally, your girlfriend will need to talk to her bishop. It will be better for her if she goes to him rather than your bishop calling hers and her bishop calling her in to see him. Encourage her to have the courage to take the same steps you have. Bishops are meant to help us, not hurt us.

Your doing great! Just keep on the path you are on....and just as a caution...the closer you get to your mission, Satan will step up his game and throw every temptation at you he can. He will do everything in his power to keep you at home and away from the lives you might bless...consider setting up some ridiculously strict boundaries with the girlfriend...like never being alone together, absolute modesty in dress when you are together, maybe set a "curfew" for the two of you so you know when its time to end a night....just do everything you can to thwart satan's temptations, because they are going to get MUCH stronger.

My prayers are with you!

that was the first interview we'll have more he said, how thorough will he be and will he contact her bishop and what wi they talk about and what do you guys think? I'm still with her, I love her.

Further interviews will likely be to explore how you feel about what you did and make sure that you understand why it was wrong......not to get a play by play of the sin. Hang in there...all will work out, you did the right thing.

Thanks for the advice and everything guys! Seriously everyone on here is so helpful! None of what we did was right I know but I wasn't some guy who just did it and left we are sticking together after the fact! I really love her and never want to use the powers of precreation with someone else. The bishops don't like discuss what we've each confessed to them to each other right? How can I better stay strong and be with my girlfriend and the powers of Satan are so strong :( it worries me getting pushed back on my mission now and my girl meeting someone else cause I don't ever wanna do that special thing with anyone else ever

You need to have your head on straight to go into the mission field. If your girlfriend truly loves and respects you, she will be a pillar of support for you through this process. Having gone through similar situations myself as a youth, I knew that to avoid temptation, I would have to avoid certain situations all together. Layoff the "hot-n-heaviness" for awhile and reevaluate what you really want for yourself and your future.

You're doing the right thing :] Good luck!

hi. first of all you made the right decision and I know what it takes to confess something like that. I just talked to the mission president because I want to go on a mission too, and I had some doubts wether I still could go after some mistakes of the past, I had previously confessed to the branch president.. the mission president told me that I can still go and that the miracle of the atonement is that we can become as worthy and clean as we were before, of course after repenting and everything. but he also said that is necessary to wait a year from the last time it happened, I dont know what is your exact situation, but I think this probably applies. anyways I'm happy that I can still serve a mission.. and I'm sure you can too.