Advice please

Janey214

Sure, if you don't mind "technically" breaking the law. Besides, if such recordings are illegal, they won't constitute any sort of evidence were it to come down to he said / she said. And, the vicitm could end up getting in trouble! Not good. I have no clue what UK laws on this are though.

This is illegal in many jurisdictions. Within the US, you have to consult individual state laws to determine if it is a single party consent state or not before recording conversations without the other persons consent. I.e. in UT, you can record any conversation you are involved in. But not so in CA. You must have consent of the other party in CA.

When I am pulled over in my sport compact, I placed a voice recorder on the dash in plain site. It makes a difference in whether how the officer acts or not. :D

Just a quick overview of UK Law as this seems to me to be where Jane is.

You can't record a telephone conversation without first warning the person that you might be. If her ex-boss is the Director of the local Law Society, unless there are some other solicitors within the area that have a personal grudge against the man she will find it very difficult to obtain local representation. That's not to say however whether she could find a solicitor in another city to represent her.

There are still going to be obvious problems, how does she know that the solicitor who does take on her case won't actually be friends with her old boss?

It seems to me Jane that the best way forward is to simply tell him no, once and for all. The best reference in the world isn't worth what this could cost you eternally!

Ann :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The Legal ropute and Evidence route is definetly the way but also remember that taking the high road that heavenly father has laid out for us is not always the easiest but will always be the one you can stand to and be proud of what you ave done..He will provide a way stand firm

Hi everybody

I've got myself into a little problem and I really don't know where to turn for advice or help. I don't get on with my bishop too well. :-(

I'm a convert to the Church.

There's an old boss of mine who is making my life heck. He's made it clear that he wants to sleep with me. He's married with children for crying out loud.

I thought I'd got rid of him about six months ago. I told him in no uncertain terms that I was LDS and that I wasn't interested in what he was asking of me. He's the director of my local Law Society and carries a lot of influence in relation to the job market. He's basically said that if I scratch his back etc, in regards to recommending me for other roles.

I really don't know what to do about this guy. It's getting creepy. I want to tell him no, but then part of me thinks maybe I should just do what he wants and have done with it. I'm ashamed of myself and I'm ashamed I'm having to come onto a forum to admit that.

What do I do, how do I put enough faith in Heavenly Father to back away from this completely. I thought I had done, but now he's contacted me again. I don't know what to do. :-(

Any thoughts or prayers would be much appreciated. I've not been in Church very long.

J

Many years ago had a similar problem, finally went to the place of her employment and said in a loud a distinct voice, no I will not sleep with you, and then left. Never heard from her again.

Solution #2 Call his wife and explain to her the situation and ask for her permission. :)

Thruout out lives we will be faced with many trials of our bodies and our spirituality. God will never give us a trial that we cannot handle. Once you compromise your own beliefs then you will not be able to respect yourself. How are you to expect anyone to show you any respect if you cannot respect yourself.

Good luck Stay strong