Why is the Lord so detached from our world?

jeff_hawkins

I think its all how you look at it.

Tragedy or Destiny

As previously mentioned, "Is there not wisdom in His giving us trials that we might rise above them, responsibilities that we might achieve, work to harden our muscles, sorrows to try our souls? Are we not permitted temptations to test our strength, sickness that we might learn patience, death that me might be immortal and glorified’?"

I don't agree that raping and murdering children, feeding people on the flesh of those that were ravaged is wisdom for the benefit of experience. A family being beat every night, the children molested, that's not stuff that happens just for wisdom and experience, to give the family patience. Try telling that to the mom and her kids.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the flip side of this do you have any evidence to the contrary?

No?

Here is the reality. No can prove or disprove a god in any form.

Except God HIMself. That will happen one day, and then we'll see who is right, like what was portrayed on Southpark once, where all the denominations of religion were asking God which church was right, and HE said, "uh, the Mormons, they were right." And everyone groaned. :D

Some thoughts. Life is a true test not a superficial one. In case anyone has not noticed no one is getting out of this trial alive. At some point we will suffer if nothing else, death. Note the concept of suffer. How can we achieve anything if we are not invested? The more that we invest the more that is achieved.

There is a religious concept that G-d takes care of everything and that we do not have to worry about anything. This thread proves that concept false and not connected to reality. The truth is that G-d wants our contribution and that our contribution makes a difference – even if the difference is temporary and small, so small that it is only known to us and G-d.

We know that much of suffering is meaningless to the sufferers – but the question is – are you going to let all the suffering be meaningless? Or is all this going to change anything about you? Are you going to make effort to bring about something beneficial (maybe assist some worthless suffering Samaritan), will you grab all you can for yourself (keep from suffering any more that you have to yourself) or just pass through life as an observer?

What kind of “Traveler” are you?

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

We are in a fallen telestial state

Our world is in a glorified, telestial state? I find that hard to believe! We are "fallen", so we have no glory whatsoever. When the Lord comes again, the world will be brought back to a Terrestrial Glory, the way it was before the fall. The Telestial world is incomprehensibly and unfathomably better than our world, yet hopefully none of us will end up being there, since it is considered "hell" compared to how glorious the Celestial and Terrestrial realms are. Only those living a Terrestrial law will be here during the Millennium, meaning there will be all walks of righteous people of various religions on the earth when Christ returns. Eventually (and hopefully), all will embrace the fullness of the Gospel and be eligible for further progression.

-Kwil

Edited by Kwil

If one seen HIM, face-to-face, that is proof.

I would say after the medical evaluation with a complete CAT scat comes back clear then one would have to be screened for psychiatric issues. All that checks out good I would say its a strong possibility. It is truly amazing how many small issues and imbalances in the body can create 'religious' events. This is the reason so many churches debunk them rather than take them at face value which in my valueless opinion is the safe way to go.

I would say after the medical evaluation with a complete CAT scat comes back clear then one would have to be screened for psychiatric issues. All that checks out good I would say its a strong possibility. It is truly amazing how many small issues and imbalances in the body can create 'religious' events. This is the reason so many churches debunk them rather than take them at face value which in my valueless opinion is the safe way to go.

Yes, like seeing angels or "saints" in the rust on a water tower, or in the pattern of drainage on the concrete walls under a bridge in the L.A. river...what do those appearing prove anyways?

Perhaps this has already been stated, but I'll say it anyway.

Why is the Lord so detached from the world? Because the world is not seeking Him. Jesus has no interest in forcing his will upon the world; that is totally against the Gospel that he left with us.

If all men turned and sought for Jesus, do you think he would remain distant? When Joseph Smith sought Him, did he remain distant? When we seek him in prayer, does he remain distant?

Blaming Jesus for the problems in the world is more than a little off the mark. Jesus suffered and died in order to preserve our agency; to allow us true choice in this life. Even then he knew we would often make the wrong choice, but it was essential that we have the choice to make anyway.

The problems of the world that we see are the fault of those who perpetrate them, not Jesus. One day, personal accountability will demand the justice that we see being ignored today.

Right now, the fad is to pass the buck to someone else whenever a terrible event happens. Rapes happen because men force themselves upon women; it's a personal decision that a man has made, and he will have to stand for judgement on that choice before God. Having said that, not all men are guilty of rape, thus condemning all men for the existence of rapes is not just. Nor is it right to assume that Jesus 'wants it that way' by allowing it to happen.

This life is a test of our obedience to what we know is right, and all of us fail at least once in our lives.

Do you want Jesus to be closer to this world? Then seek him out, and encourage all around you to do the same. That is how real change can happen in this world.

Why is the Lord so detached from the world? Because the world is not seeking Him.

I do agree with this as well. So many insist on "going at it alone" these days and turning their backs on their spiritual sides. I don't think we are meant to be coddled and helped with EVERYTHING, but I do think more help would be given if more was asked for.

There was a man who was drowning. And a boat came and the man on the boat said, "Do you need help?" And the man said, "God will save me." Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said, "God will save me." Then he drowned and went to Heaven. Then the man told God, "God, why didn't you save me?" And God said, "I sent you two boats, you dummy!"

There is great distance of claiming and having the Holy Ghost bore witnessed of the event to another. You are not going to find this in other churches. Nice try though...but then, have you been to Greenland? I highly doubt it. So, how do you really know it exists at all? By a map or being a first-hand witness [travel there]? No different.

Desire leads to hope. Hope leads to faith. Faith through trials leads to sure knowledge. Sure knowledge is the key to be an witnesses...

There is great distance of claiming and having the Holy Ghost bore witnessed of the event to another. You are not going to find this in other churches. Nice try though...but then, have you been to Greenland? I highly doubt it. So, how do you really know it exists at all? By a map or being a first-hand witness [travel there]? No different.

Desire leads to hope. Hope leads to faith. Faith through trials leads to sure knowledge. Sure knowledge is the key to be an witnesses...

Or self delusion. Where exactly were you trying to go with this post?

On the flip side of this do you have any evidence to the contrary?

No?

Here is the reality. No can prove or disprove a god in any form.

Of course I didn't - as you well know and that is why I didn't claim that the reality of God was any one way or t'other. You, however, did claim that "the reality is he is not anthropomorphic."

What you should have said is that you merely have a different opinion based upon no evidence.

Of course I didn't - as you well know and that is why I didn't claim that the reality of God was any one way or t'other. You, however, did claim that "the reality is he is not anthropomorphic."

What you should have said is that you merely have a different opinion based upon no evidence.

Which is all any type of faith is. An opinion based upon no evidence. Apophetic theology is one of my favorites and maybe the only applicable system to figure things out I don't know but it seems to work well for the way I work things out.