Molly Mormon And Peter Priesthood Types.

Winnie G

Personally I see nothing wrong with making an extra effort - especially on Sunday to dress up to present yourself in your best dress in the house of G-d. There are always reasons for what each of us do. It is not about everyone else it is about you. There are things we can do to be spiritually perpaired. It is all about being acceptable before G-d. I think the parable of the widow's mite applies. Do the best with the means you have.

If someone else thinks you can do better - the only reason, that I can think of that we should be offended is if we really could do better. If you are doing what you can and someone expects better of you - I would say that you are very lucky that you do not have to face really tough trails. If this would drive you away from the house of G-d, Satan will have a easy job of it. I am sure he can find someone up to the task.

Come - let us go up the the house of G-d and walk in his paths - and when ever possible be the best example we can for any one in need.

The Traveler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Caloogoo@Sep 10 2005, 07:07 PM

I just did an article for newspaper on the dress code for school. It was pretty good and helped me alot.  I dress modestly, but it helped me see the other persons point of view too.

Cool maybe you could share some of what you wrote in your article. :)

The purpose for clothing appears to be a statement of who you are, not for protection from the elements. This is where I believe what we wear does have a and affect on others -- so we should be conscious of how we dress.

I personally believe schools should have dress codes. You do, at some point, have a point where something goes too far and someone at some point will push the boundaries. In Europe, many young women at graduation ceremonies or formal events wear outfits that have necklines plunging as far as the outfit Jennifer Lopez was wearing for what I believe was the Oscars or something like that. I will admit, these dresses are great for young women's posture because if they don't keep their backs straight everyone will be featured to the mammaries flopping out for an appearance. Then there's the pants that plunge so far down that if you do stick your cell phone in your pocket you should be careful not to push too hard or you'll be naked.

We have gals in the USA who would wear the same outfits. You have to have some code or else some will abuse their right to "express" themselves.

No, I am not a prude -- I'll admit, my wife and I have even visited hotsprings in the past and gone by the local informal dress code there (I think you know what that is) but I can attest that revealing clothing is much more sexual than being around 20 or 30 people wearing only the clothes they were born in.

So our surroundings will dictate what we should wear and I do believe we should dress nice for school or church -- I do not like the emphasis on white shirts and such (my wife wants we to wear white at church but I would not if it would not bug her).