The Apprentice: Martha Stewart

StrawberryFields

I have always thought that Martha Stewart was pretty awesome for empire she had created. When she got caught in the scandal with the stock trade I thought that she was being made a scrape goat because of her money and power and there were some men who wanted to make an example of her. I know what she did was wrong but I believe that there are many who do this and get away with it.

Now she has done her time for her crime. The comments I heard when she was released was that prison had really changed her. She had been known as some what of a tyrant in the past and if she had changed why would she now do a show like the apprentice? I have to admit that I didn't watch Donald's show because I thought that it was stupid from the promos. I also haven't read the reviews for Martha's Apprentice Show. I just have to wonder if this is the image she wants to portray after what she has been through.

I pretty sure my husband will have a hay day with this new show of hers because he doesn't think she is all that great. He loved saying to be when Martha went to jail that it was "A Good Thing". Time will tell how she fairs with her new show but if it is anything like Donalds I think it will be stupid.

Just my thoughts

:conscience:

http://www.tv.com/apprentice-martha-stewar...55/summary.html

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 16 2005, 08:04 AM

I have always thought that Martha Stewart was pretty awesome for empire she had created. When she got caught in the scandal with the stock trade I thought that she was being made a scrape goat because of her money and power and there were some men who wanted to make an example of her. I know what she did was wrong but I believe that there are many who do this and get away with it.

Now she has done her time for her crime. The comments I heard when she was released was that prison had really changed her. She had been known as some what of a tyrant in the past and if she had changed why would she now do a show like the apprentice? I have to admit that I didn't watch Donald's show because I thought that it was stupid from the promos. I also haven't read the reviews for Martha's Apprentice Show. I just have to wonder if this is the image she wants to portray after what she has been through.

I pretty sure my husband will have a hay day with this new show of hers because he doesn't think she is all that great. He loved saying to be when Martha went to jail that it was "A Good Thing". Time will tell how she fairs with her new show but if it is anything like Donalds I think it will be stupid.

Just my thoughts

:conscience:

I agree Martha is a pretty awesome woman. I think that they chose her because she was a woman... think of all the men who have done the same thing for decades and gotten away with it...

I don't like those shows either... wonder how it will all turn out for her..

I think the Apprentice is a good show -- it does teach economics and business psychology much better than you get in economics classes in public schools -- oh, sorry, US schools don't really teach economics as it exists in the real world. Most programs make economics so boring that Milton Freidman would jump out the window if he had to take a course with the kids.

Also, let's not make the Martha Stewart thing into a sexist witch hunt because it isn't.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Fiannan@Sep 16 2005, 12:40 PM

I think the Apprentice is a good show -- it does teach economics and business psychology much better than you get in economics classes in public schools -- oh, sorry, US schools don't really teach economics as it exists in the real world.  Most programs make economics so boring that Milton Freidman would jump out the window if he had to take a course with the kids.

Also, let's not make the Martha Stewart thing into a sexist witch hunt because it isn't.

I almost agree with you. I wasn't starting any witch hunt as I understand what a witch hunt is... I am not hunting for anyone and as far as being sexist... I am not really that either.

I just believe that since the financial world has been dominated by men for umpteen centuries... there surely must be way more men guilty of this than woman...

So... is it sexist to say there have been millions of men in the financial world than woman for centuries? I don't think so. I believe it is just fact. And knowing that the chances of the few woman being the only one's guilty is totally bizzar.

Martha made the mistake of becoming well known and competitive. A woman was never allowed such a privelege... with out suffering...

Originally posted by Fiannan@Sep 16 2005, 12:40 PM

Really. Well you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. :karate:

Just for fun, can you come up with any high profile men who have had to due time along with defamation of character? Or do you think that no man ever did what she did?

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 16 2005, 07:04 AM

Well, SF, I did watch "The Apprentice" for a couple of seasons, I loved it. I loved watching the stratigies and the marketing gimmicks and what paid off and what didn't.

People have a lot of time to think about things in prison, and whose to say that we know what changes took place, and what didn't? I wasn't a Martha fan to begin with, although I do think she did something wrong, was a scapegoat, and paid her dues. I think that anyone who does time for the crime accused, needs to have that second chance to find themselves again. Maybe this whole TV thing is what she needs to prove herself....to herself. I don't know, maybe it just sounded like fun to her...

And I know that there have been men who have made wrong choices in life, most just don't get convicted. I'll just leave it at that ;)

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Lindy+Sep 19 2005, 10:59 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Strawberry Fields@Sep 16 2005, 07:04 AM

Well, SF, I did watch "The Apprentice" for a couple of seasons, I loved it. I loved watching the stratigies and the marketing gimmicks and what paid off and what didn't.

People have a lot of time to think about things in prison, and whose to say that we know what changes took place, and what didn't? I wasn't a Martha fan to begin with, although I do think she did something wrong, was a scapegoat, and paid her dues. I think that anyone who does time for the crime accused, needs to have that second chance to find themselves again. Maybe this whole TV thing is what she needs to prove herself....to herself. I don't know, maybe it just sounded like fun to her...

And I know that there have been men who have made wrong choices in life, most just don't get convicted. I'll just leave it at that ;)

I think Donald Trump gave her that second chance because he was guilty of the same crime and was never caught... or bought the catchers off.... whatever... I do think it is more out of guilt than anything else that he had set Martha up... which means he is more human than all the other crooks who have gotten away with the same thing and just stood their feeling giddy..