What Does Your Username Mean?

Bini

How strange. When I lived in Baguio City I was told that Ilkano is THE language of the Philippines. :P

Mine is what I do...my calling.

You are mistaken! Everyone knows that Taglish, is in fact, the OFFICIAL language of PI! :P

Threeve-

A combination of the numbers Three and Five.

Popularized by the ever-hilarious SNL skit Celebrity Jeopardy, Threeve was the answer given to the final Celebrity Jeopardy category, "Just write a number. Any number. Any number and you win. We'll accept any number. Any number at all. A one, or a two, or a three... or how 'bout a four? It's that simple, I know you can do this."

French Stuart, played by Jimmy Fallon responded with Threeve.

His wager? $Texas, Or as Alex Trebek (Will Ferrel) put it:

"Let's start with French Stuart, who's grinning like an idiot -- you look pretty sure of yourself -- think you've got the right answer. Well, all you had to do was write down a number, and you wrote... ThreEve. A combination of three and five. Simply stunning. And you wagered... Texas, with a dollar sign in front of it. I'm speechless. "

My name came from a poem that I wrote around the time I joined the forum. It was how I felt about myself at the time. I don't feel quite so tarnished now, but I don't want to change it as I want to remind myself of what happened in the past.

As for its literal definition:

tar·nish (tärnsh)

v. tar·nished, tar·nish·ing, tar·nish·es

v.tr.

1. To dull the luster of; discolor, especially by exposure to air or dirt.

a. To detract from or spoil; taint: a tragedy that tarnished our hopes.

b. To cast aspersions on; sully: slander that tarnished the senator's image.

v.intr.

1. To lose luster; become discolored.

2. To diminish or become tainted.

n.

1. The condition of being tarnished.

2. Discoloration of a metal surface caused by corrosion or oxidation.

3. The condition of being sullied or tainted.

"beef" is part of my last name and "che" (pronounced chay) is a Bulgarian diminutive (means "pertaining to or productive of a form denoting smallness, familiarity, affection, or triviality"). So, beefche means "little, darling beef"--quite descriptive, right?

Moksha is either the sound you make when you sneeze or else some plain of existence close to Heaven and Nirvana, where you have been freed of the endless cycle of rebirth, and are thus being able to rejoin with the cosmic unity. The Mok is pronounced like the sound in smoke and the sha is pronounced like shaw.

Talisyn is a derivative of a nickname of my favorite character, Jamethiel, of the God Stalk books. I always felt a special affinity toward her, especially when she tries to do what's right but somehow ends up burning down cities. It's also the name of my character in FFXI. I picked it instead of Jamethiel because I can never remember how to spell it :P

Edited by talisyn

You are mistaken! Everyone knows that Taglish, is in fact, the OFFICIAL language of PI! :P

No, it's not. It's Vis-Spanglish. Stop spreading rumors, Bini!

anatess - don't know what it means. i gotta ask my mother.