Where Are All The Single Girls?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mormon gal, you are the only one who can have the prompting wheather or not to marry someone, if he said that he knew you were supposed to then hopefully next time you relize you can marry anyone as LONG as you have God in your life and so does he and you both communicate, but i do think there are people out there better for us then others and when we think we have found the right one we go to God and say I am going to marry this man please help me know if my decision is right, it isnt God tell me yes or no, becasue we have our agency and he isnt going to tell us what to do but he will confirm it, same with babies a lot of people think oh ills tay on b.c cause if the lord wants it it will happen,. but no it wont if we are preventing it beacsue we have the agency to chose... also i never prayed, or read too manys criptures with my fiancee becasue we can read things into things that aren't there and i never read his blessing and put ME into it when it talked about hsi wife, so becareful i think husband and wife should kneel down together alone but as fiancee i think little prayers are ok,. but when it comes time to ask god if it is right do it alone. Im sorry you were hurt, but know there is someone out there and listen to your heart. p.s what did he do with the spirit?

Well he asked me too marry him, and I gladly said yes because I loved him. He had often told me the he knew by the power of the spirit that I was the girl he was to marry, and I believed him with all my heart. But like you siad I too can get the promtings of the spirit, so I too kneeled one night and prayed telling Heavenly Father that I had found a wonderful man and that I wished to marry him if that was his will. I didn't feel a no, I didn't feel a yes but what I started to feel was that the spirit was not as strong when I was with him, not that it left me but that it was trying to tell me something, that subconcously I didn't want to hear. We went to the Oakland Temple, one of our friends was getting married, and we sat on the Balcony talking, and the things the spirit told me that day, I can't desicribe but I knew I had to get a blessing, because I had this terrible feeling. So I asked my friends father if he would give me a blessing, and he knew that I was engaged. During the blessing he told me that Heavenly Father is preparing a special young man for me that can provide me with the life I missed growing up (Priesthood in the Home) and then he told me I had yet to meet the man I was to marry. I was heart broken and could not stop crying, but I couldn't deny the spirit that dwelt inside me telling me this was truth. I stood up turned to him and he too was crying, he said he knew that it was hard for me to hear that, but that that is what Father in Heaven needed me to hear. So never the less I broke up with him, I didn't tell him of the blessing because it didn't feel right at the time, but I did tell him that we should call off the engagment. A couple nights later, I felt compelled to call him, and I did, that night I told him of my blessing. Then it hit me... Heavenly Father does not work in confusion, someone wasn't being honest, and I knew I was. So I asked him, and he admitted that he had falsified promtings of the Spirit because he was afraid to lose me. I don't know that you wanted the whole story but there it is...

~Allie

so you knew before the blessing but you kept trying to deny it? That is how the spirit works, now you know next time that it will be your choice and whenever a guy says the spirit says your to be my wife.. say well taht would be nice but only we can have personal revelation for each of ourselves. lol so how long ago was this? do you have your endowments out?

The wedding was planned for September, I broke up with him in June. I decided not to go through with getting my endowments but to wait until I have truley found the man I will marry.

And I don't know that I knew, I just knew something was going on. But love, or what one percieves as love can be very blinding when it is built on lies.

~Allie

PS. Trust me I have learned my lesson.

Everything has a reason. Because of what happened with him I was forced to move away from there and now I live in New York. I am enjoying the happiest time in my life right now, I may not be married, and I may not yet have children of my own, but I know that I am on the right path and that man is out there that can increase my happiness.

~Allie

Life is great, better than great. I am a Nanny in New York for 4 beautiful girls. I have grown away from my family over the years but we are attempting to become more like a family and in the children I grew up with I am the middle. You know you seem to have alot of insight in helping people, if you would be willing to help me with a few of my problems that would be great, nothing serious I just don't want to post them all over a message board.

~Allie