Priesthood Session

Here is just a couple of paragraphs from the Priesthood session.

At Saturday evening's priesthood session, President Monson told the men about watching the news and realizing that so much of crime, abuse, domestic and gang violence begins with anger.

"We experience displeasure or irritation or antagonism and, if we so choose, we lose our temper and become angry with others," he said. "Ironically, those others are often members of our own families -- the people we really love the most."

here

Elder Ballard gave the first talk. It was about Dads and Sons talking with each other. He gave a list of 3 things that sons need to do to communicate better with their Dads, and 3 things for Dads to communicate better with your Sons.

Good talk.

A couple of seventy talked but I don't remember their names.

One talked about how these "troubled" youth in South Korea were not heading in the right direction. The Bishop (who was the guy who spoke) felt that if he just got them to go on a mission things would work out. So he got them to go on a mission and talked about how they changed their life and how they really changed kind of Korea because they all are leaders in some way over there.

Elder Uchtdorf talked about being Optimistic in these troubled times. Talked about how when he grew up in East Germany life was ruff, but looking back on those tough times he knows he learned things that bettered him later.

Elder Eyring talked about being ready. He used the example of having Consecrated oil. You have to have it ready for when those times come. At first it seemed like it was given more to leaders or Dads, but near the end it seemed like it was more towards Young Men need to be ready or prepared before hand.

Pres Monson talked about Anger. How its bad, and dumb and why do people get Angry at things.

The Priesthood session was excellent as always. We were blessed to be taught by the following Church leaders: Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Walter F. Gonzalez of the Presidency of the Seventy, Elder Yoon Hwan Choi of the Seventy, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf - Second Counselor in the First Presidency, President Henry B. Eyring - First Counselor in the First Presidency, and President Thomas S. Monson.

The music was beautiful. I always love to hear the Sisters sing, but oh what a joyous sound it is when Brothers of the Priesthood unite their voices in song. The songs that were sung were: High On A Mountain Top, Sweet Hour of Prayer, Praise to the Man (choir and congregation), and Rise Up O Men Of God.

Elder Ballard spoke on the relationship that should exist between fathers and sons. He first gave three suggestions to the sons in how to improve their relationship with their fathers:

1. Trust your father. Talk to him. Realize that your father is entitled to inspiration on your behalf.

2. Take an interest in your father's life (both past and present) to help gain a better understanding of what he has been through, what he is going through now, what type of work he does, what are some of his interests, etc.

3. Ask your father for advice and counsel.

Next he gave three suggestions to fathers on how to improve their relationships with their sons:

1. Listen to your sons (without being judgmental)

2. Pray with and for your sons. Give them Priesthood blessings.

3. Dare to have the "Big Talks" with your sons.

Elder Gonzalez gave an excellent talk on using the Book of Mormon to become more powerful Priesthood holders. The key points that I took from his message were: (1) Feast upon the words of Christ, (2) Apply in your life all that you learn about Christ, and (3) Teach the doctrines and principles found in the pages of the Book of Mormon.

Elder Choi gave an excellent talk on the importance of missionary service and how to prepare for a mission. Two key points in his message were: (1) Attend Church meetings faithfully, and (2) Obey the words of Church leaders.

President Uchtdorf's powerful message was on having hope and having an optimistic attitude in troubled times. One of the things that he mentioned that he has learned in life is that "Winter will give way to the hope and warmth of a new spring". Two things that he stressed in his message were: (1) The importance of hard work, and (2) The importance of education and learning. In his message he pointed out that work keeps us from dwelling on the circumstances that we may be facing. He also reminded us that there is no Sabbatical for Priesthood responsibilities, there is always work to do. And as far as education and learning, President Uchtdorf taught us that the best books can become our university and that we should seek knowledge by faith and learning.

President Eyring gave a powerful message on the importance of preparation. The key point that I took from his message is that we must have confidence to live up to the trust that God has put in us. He referred to D&C 121.

Our beloved Prophet, President Monson closed the session with his powerful message on anger and its damaging effects. The key point that I got from his message was: "Anger doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing. It destroys everything." He referred to Ephesians 4:26 and 3 Nephi.

To my dear Sisters especially, I highly suggest that you take the time to read the messages that were presented to the Brothers during the Priesthood session when the November issue of the Ensign comes out. And, to my dear Brothers, I sincerely suggest that WE take the time to feast on the words of our Church leaders once again as we read the messages that were presented to us in this very important meeting. A lot was taught in a two hour time period, and there is a lot still to be learned and applied in our daily lives.

Edited by KeithLBrown

My computer wouldn't allow me to download the software required to watch that. You can get audio for each speaker here

It doesn't appear they have added video etc yet on the archived part.

listen to President Uchtdorf's and then President Eyring's talk, President Uchtdorf's said that he saw these two desks as a kid and he could just picture them learning and dong homework on them and that having a desk would be the most wonderful thing for him then President Eyring went up there to give his talk and he had his oil with him to help with his talk and he says that he keeps the oil stocked around him so hes always ready to give a blessing and he holds up one and says this is the one i keep in my desk at work the he turns to President Uchtdorf and says "I have a desk"

Here is just a couple of paragraphs from the Priesthood session.

At Saturday evening's priesthood session, President Monson told the men about watching the news and realizing that so much of crime, abuse, domestic and gang violence begins with anger.

"We experience displeasure or irritation or antagonism and, if we so choose, we lose our temper and become angry with others," he said. "Ironically, those others are often members of our own families -- the people we really love the most."

here

I'm glad Pres. Monson spoke out about anger.

Edited by talisyn

Elder Yoon, from South Korea spoke about 9 rowdy youth in the neighborhood that the ward adopted, and they all straightened out. All were baptized, went on missions, and now are leaders; some are youth leaders who taught his own teenagers.

Elder Uchtdorf spoke on Work and Learning. He said these are the two important things that we must focus on. Doing our best in working hard in all things in our life; and continually learning throughout life. He said that even if you can't go to college, there are myriad opportunities to learn, such as by going to the library and reading books of knowledge. He mentioned that this is not just a suggestion, but a commandment of God (Seek ye learning from the best books).

For at least ten years it has been available online and in the Ensign. Online version is usually ready by Thursday following conference. Watch at lds.org and by Thursday all text of conference should be posted.

Ben Raines

Are you sure that the priesthood sessions have been online for 10 years??

I stand corrected. In the past they have not placed the video online. It seems it is online this time. Perhaps someone finally realized that there isn't much difference between reading it and watching it?

My thought and I know this is a bit off topic is they can't edit video but can the printed. Just when I was thinking "I guess the priesthood session are mostly about love and stuff that everyone can see now days and it must of not always been so" Holland comes out and let's the world have it. LOL So much for that theory.