New temples announced

Did someone catch the locations of the 5 temples President Monson just announced?

I caught:

Brigham City, Utah

Concepcion, Chile

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

???, Japan

???, Brazil

I figured that would be the ONE you WOULD catch. lol

Nah . . . I was watching with someone who served in Chile and began yelling the moment that temple was announced--making it impossible to hear the rest of the announcements.

I am now re-evaluating my friendship with this individual. :D

We need a big one in Korea, a really big one. I've seen pictures of that temple the Moonies put up. It's enormous. They have some kind of ceremonies there, but I think they're all public. You can't tell, though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have more private ceremonies inside. They have thousands of people there almost all the time. I was told they have a special tree or two trees, and one of them is called either the Tree of Life or the Tree of Love. If we build a temple there, it should be even bigger and grander than theirs.

We need a big one in Korea, a really big one. I've seen pictures of that temple the Moonies put up. It's enormous. They have some kind of ceremonies there, but I think they're all public. You can't tell, though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have more private ceremonies inside. They have thousands of people there almost all the time. I was told they have a special tree or two trees, and one of them is called either the Tree of Life or the Tree of Love. If we build a temple there, it should be even bigger and grander than theirs.

Why should it be bigger? It's not a competition.

You aren't really serious. If the Church started designing temples just to outdo the temple of another religion...we've lost the spirit and the intent of what temples are for.

I thought it was cool during the Church News segment when they mentioned that one of the new Brazil temples is going to have a port entrance for members traveling by river!

Manaus . . . I think road access to the city is pretty limited. It's smack dab in the middle of the Amazon rainforest.

Manaus . . . I think road access to the city is pretty limited. It's smack dab in the middle of the Amazon rainforest.

Then it will be interesting to learn how they get all the building supplies to this area.

I loved the story they did between the sessions on Saturday...where they talked to the man who designed and made all the stained glass. What a story he has. What talent and what a testimony despite the disability he has had to learn to overcome.