NJWindow

Your name is just fine. I look forward to learning more from you hopefully about the cultures over where you are. Also about the Church there and it's growth.

He is there every week!! I usually attend the 1st Branch here in BJ.

When you have special meetings like last week, then I attend your meetings. Bruce and I even had the opportunity to speak in the virtual branch once, I think it was back in June or July.

Do you teach at a high school or university? Do you plan on returning in the fall next year after taking a break to head home?

Where is home?

Effe Simpson

Your response is so quick! I teach at a private university for one year under a contract.

I have been to Beijing before, but currently I am interested in learning the situation of

the lds Church there, particularly on the part of Chinese locals. I know it is banned to

have contact with them, but even without contacting them I am keen on getting some

idea at least.

Please do not bother in this matter. My personal interest as a man of neighbor country

in Asia. My home is in Osaka, but I lived in Hiroshima for ten years until March this year.

Jiro Numano (or NJWindow)

I'm back to the Sunday morning session - Pres Monson is talking about the "warm fuzzies" he received.

Conference is a wonderful feast!! Adding to it was the opportunity to not teach this week and be able to listen to the sessions one after another all week!! It is like every day is like attending the temple!

When winter arrives up there, are you going to be prepared for the freezing cold? We were there for New Years, to attend the Ice Festival and see the snow sculpting! It was beautiful - but I thought my toes were going to freeze right off!! lol I had bought a pair of Australian rough out boots, with a thick fleece lining, in the States before we came to China that year - back in 2006. But, in Harbin, those boots didn't even begin to keep my feet warm!!!

I don't envy you being in Harbin! Our two years in Qingdao, were just about snowless. I don't know what BJ will bring. . .

Hope you get to come down sometime - it might be a good experience to be able to attend your virtual branch on this end of the microphone!! lol

Effe

Welcome NJ... I an originally from Finland. I heard that Chinese MAY be a bit harder than Finnish... hmm for me it anyway is fully Chineese! :eek:

Interesting to hear from China I hope you go write something on the cultural part of the forum! (one of you or both) How is the Church in China ... fex...