Ann M. Dibb - 2nd counselor YW (Sun a.m. session)

Yeah, same with me... it seemed a bit strange to smile while talking about deaths and injuries. My wife and a didn't know about her being Pres. Momsons daughter either. Funny thing, my wife said half way through her talk the way she speaks sounds like Pres. Monson.

But the message was really good.

I loved the closing hymn. Just awesome :)

Yeah, I was put off by her smiles and cheerful demeanor when talking of tragedy--I kept reminding myself that she's only talking to about 14 million people or so, so I should cut her some slack.

I'll have to read her talk because I couldn't cut her slack.

So does no one have anything positive to say about her talk? All I've seen is negative about her smile. I kinda set these up to talk about the messages of conference...not to put down someone's demeanor during their talk.

I actually enjoyed her analogy concerning the safety equipment and how when they didn't use it disaster happened. Then applying that to our safety equipment with prayer, scriptures, modern Prophets. If we don't use them we fail or fall as well.

I enjoyed her analogy of the safety equipment.....particularly the part about choosing to use it.

I think I recall a bishop of mine sharing that in every interview where someone was struggling with their testimony that scripture reading and prayer were usually getting omitted or forgotten.

It is amazing to me how the Spirit, thru study and prayer, seems to make discernment of truth simpler and clear.

I really enjoyed this talk. I didn't notice anything unusual in her presentation but that's probably just because i tend to focus on the message rather than the presentation of it.

Ya, I didn't notice it either. I find that I pay better attention to speakers when I look away though. If I watch them as they're speaking then I get too distracted by their movements. If I stare at the wall or play with my finger nails then I can better catch the message. Some teachers at church must think I'm so rude, but I really *am* giving them my full attention! ^_^

Hey thats unfair! I said in my post

But the message was really good.

I still feel tghe way you present a message, plays a big role as well.

I love to eat choclate cake, but I'd rather have it presented to me on a plate than slammed in my face.

The taste will still be the same - the overall impression not.