College Football

Churchmouse

There must be some fans here that support teams other than BYU? I'm an alumni and fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Come good times or bad, I'm there. Not physically there. Even as an alumni I can't get even one of the 105,000 tickets sold for each home game. So, I have the BIG 10 network. They're usually on somewhere every week.

I remember when the Big 10 was the conference. Things change. I would have to agree with anyone that thinks the SEC in dominant now. OSU is 4-1. Darn that pesky old USC.

So, who are some of you out there cheering for?

BTW, I also watch BYU and cheer for them as long as it's not in a bowl game against OSU.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be some fans here that support teams other than BYU? I'm an alumni and fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Come good times or bad, I'm there. Not physically there. Even as an alumni I can't get even one of the 105,000 tickets sold for each home game. So, I have the BIG 10 network. They're usually on somewhere every week.

I remember when the Big 10 was the conference. Things change. I would have to agree with anyone that thinks the SEC in dominant now. OSU is 4-1. Darn that pesky old USC.

So, who are some of you out there cheering for?

BTW, I also watch BYU and cheer for them as long as it's not in a bowl game against OSU.

If it were possible, I wish OSU would lose EVERY GAME! Including the one with Michigan, who I also wish would lose EVERY GAME!.

I grew up in Iowa, and am a Hawkeye fan. Not as much as I used to be, as I haven't lived there since 93. Hence my dislike of anything OSU or UM...

Love BYU. They break my heart every year, but what are you gonna do?

Am now a huge Georgia Bulldogs fan. Love most of the SEC teams (save Florida and Tennessee, both huge rivals of GA) and will watch any of the SEC games.

The SEC has the best league in the nation, bar none. Big 12? Please. Big 10? Pac10? What have you been smoking?? ACC? When are you getting out of rehab?

I always root for the MWC, Conf USA, and the WAC when they play the 'BCS' teams. Anything to break the unlawful monopoly that is college football right now.

National Championship playoffs NOW!

Guest Godless

Longhorns and Penn State for me. I'm also a real sucker for upsets. I'll cheer for any team that's facing a higher-ranked team (so long as it's not UT or PSU, and especially if it's OU). This week, I'm all about LSU baby!!! :cool:

I must add that seeing BYU defeat OU in week one was..... righteous. Posted Image

If it were possible, I wish OSU would lose EVERY GAME! Including the one with Michigan, who I also wish would lose EVERY GAME!.

I grew up in Iowa, and am a Hawkeye fan. Not as much as I used to be, as I haven't lived there since 93. Hence my dislike of anything OSU or UM...

Love BYU. They break my heart every year, but what are you gonna do?

Am now a huge Georgia Bulldogs fan. Love most of the SEC teams (save Florida and Tennessee, both huge rivals of GA) and will watch any of the SEC games.

The SEC has the best league in the nation, bar none. Big 12? Please. Big 10? Pac10? What have you been smoking?? ACC? When are you getting out of rehab?

I always root for the MWC, Conf USA, and the WAC when they play the 'BCS' teams. Anything to break the unlawful monopoly that is college football right now.

National Championship playoffs NOW!

As I said in my post, no argument from me as for SEC being the top dog. With the new recruiting rules several years ago the competition is more equally divided in the Big 10 these days. It used to be called the" Big 2 and the rest of them". Not any more. Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State and others have been in the mix in recent seasons.

After LSU snuck out of Georgia last week with a win (they earned it, but the Dawgs gave it to them!) the LSU/Florida game ought to be great. And I'm surprised how good Ole' Miss has been this year.

The Michigan/Iowa game should be good. Not because UM is that good, but for some reason they are NEVER out of a game. I watched Michigan State beat them last week in OT, but UM was down by a bunch with little time left in regulation and they came back. They've done it all year, so I don't see what this game would be any different.

And Neb/Missouri should be a good game tonight on ESPN.

I love this time of year. I'm lost after the last bowl game in January, at least until March madness...

Guest Godless

I'm hoping to see Florida bumped off that #1 slot. Either way, the top 5 is inevitably going to change this weekend. Some of the "experts" seem to think that VT should be on upset alert as well. I'm not so sure about that one.

There must be some fans here that support teams other than BYU?

Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I

A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die;

Ki!Yi!, Ki!Yi!, Ki!Yi!

We're up to snuff; we never bluff,

We're game for any fuss,

No other gang of college men

dare meet us in the muss.

So fill your lungs and sing it out and

shout it to the sky,

We'll fight for dear old Crimson,

for a Utah man am I.

No real upsets last week. Florida was favored to defeat LSU and they did. Texas and Alabama flipped. Everyone moved up because of LSU loss. Miami showed up this week.

WEEK 7 OCTOBER 17

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. Virginia Tech

5. Boise Sate

6. USC

7. Ohio State

8. Cincinnati

9. Miami

10. LSU

No top 10 playing each other this week. If any of these lose it will be by upset.