College Football

Churchmouse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Godless

I'm a midwesterner. What teams are in the Red River Rivalry?

TX/OU. It's played every year at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, which is almost exactly halfway between Austin and Norman, OK. It's THE game of the year for the Big 12.

Dang, Arkansas came sooooo close to toppling Florida!!!

Only one upset in the top 10 this week and it was my (sniff, sniff) Buckeyes. They must have thought since Perdue was 1-5 they didn't need to practice last week.

There were close calls. #1 Florida won by three as did #3 Texas(Red River Rivalry).#6 USC and #5 Boise State by only one touchdown

#4 Virginia Tech went down also, but not to someone 1-5.

ESPN College Game Day this week in.....

PROVO! For the BYU-TCU game...

Wish I were in Utah for this! And the worst part? It is being shown on Versus only, and DirecTV and Versus (Comcast) are fighting, so I can't get Versus. I wrote a nasty note to both of them today, telling them to quit being babies...

I can't believe this. But my girls are both in Provo, so I told them to head to the stadium and get on TV...

WEEK 8 OCTOBER 23

1. Alabama

2. Florida

3. Texas

4. USC

5. Cincinnati

6. Boise State

7. Iowa

8. Miami

9. LSU

10. TCU

Last week took it's toll. Alabama replaces Florida on top. Virginia Tech and Ohio Sate are gone after both lost. No top 10 matchups this week, but there weren't any last week and look at the changes.

ESPN College Game Day this week in.....

PROVO! For the BYU-TCU game...

Wish I were in Utah for this! And the worst part? It is being shown on Versus only, and DirecTV and Versus (Comcast) are fighting, so I can't get Versus. I wrote a nasty note to both of them today, telling them to quit being babies...

I can't believe this. But my girls are both in Provo, so I told them to head to the stadium and get on TV...

I get about ten different college football stations including Big 10 network and others, but I can't get that one either.

One of the announcers on ESPN, while talking about this game, just paid Utah a great compliment. He said if all the cities were like Provo and Salt Lake City it would be a better world.

This week's games include the 'biggest outdoor cocktail party in the world' Florida/Georgia. Florida showed it could be beat last week against Mississippi State (I know that Florida won, but they shouldn't have. Did you see the horrible touchdown call by Florida? Shameful) and Georgia has to win to have any credibility this year.

Then there is OK St/Texas and Oregon/USC. Luckily, the Cougs are off this week to lick their wounds and maybe get some killer instinct...

WEEK 9 OCTOBER 31

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. USC

5. Cincinnati

6. Boise State

7. IOWA

8. TCU

9. LSU

10. Oregon

Two weeks ago Florida won by only three points and fell from #1. They were replaced by Alabama. Last week Alabama won by only two. Now we're back where we started from.

TCU moved up after rolling over BYU and Oregon makes it's first apperance in the top 10.

Luckily, the Cougs are off this week to lick their wounds and maybe get some killer instinct...

Now six, you know that won't happen. It's an LDS university and they must follow standards including "Thou Shalt Not Kill."

Guest Godless

GO DUCKS!!! I want a rematch with Boise State and see the Ducks put a woop on them this time! Oregon would kill them them this time just like they did with USC. There is no way Boise State should be in the top 10 since they haven't played anybody other than Oregon.

There's always next season. That's what Longhorns fans have been saying ever since our Championship run got killed by a fraction of a point given by a computer last year, all because we played only 59 minutes against TX Tech instead of the full 60. Looks like we'll be getting our redemption this year though.

Saw where Urban Meyer suspended his star defensive player Spikes for HALF a game against Vandy this next weekend after he was caught trying to gouge the eyes of a Georgia running back last week. And it wasn't just a swipe at his facemask--the jerk stuck his flippin' hand in his helmet.

Really classy. But when you recruit thugs to play a game because they can, and then you 'punish' them for 1/2 of a game, you send no message at all except 'next time don't get caught'.

Sportsmanship is gone. Has been for many years.

Yep!

Here are my teams:

1. Miami Hurricanes / Florida Gators (which ever has the best chance to take it all!!!)

2. Georgia Bulldogs

3. BYU (because of my husband...his dad and sister graduated from BYU)

TG,

You are okay with number two. Having spent 6 glorious years in the Atlanta area, the Dawgs are my team (after BYU, of course). You are WAY off base on Miami and Florida!:P

This year has been tough for Dawgs' fans, though. Hoping next year is better.

The Alabama/LSU game was a great game! I like LSU (I like all the SEC teams except Tennessee and Florida), but I have been a Tide fan for much, much longer (see above statement for my change in allegiance!). I am rooting for Bama to win out (although the Auburn game should be tough, just because it is Auburn). Then I hope they make steaks out of the gators!

Bama/Texas on Jan 92nd (after the 91 other bowl games in Jan!) for the National Championship!

WEEK 10 NOVEMBER 7

BCS

1. Florida

2. Texas

3. Alabama

4. Iowa

5. Cincinnati

6. TCU

7. Boise State

8. Oregon

9. LSU

10. Georgia Tech

Sure to be some changes this week with #9 LSU visiting #3 Alabama.

Boise State has already won.

Another great week in college football! LSU loses, Oregon loses (after beating USC at least!) and Iowa loses. Cincy barely beats UConn, which may hurt them a bit in the polls. Does Bama jump Texas for beating a higher ranked team? I don't know.

2 and 1/2 weeks to Rivalry weekend! I'm gonna eat turkey and watch college football until my belt snaps!