3. Texas

4. TCU

5. Cincinnati

6. Boise State

7. Oregon

8. Ohio State

9. Iowa

10. Gergia Tech

It's all on the line today. #1 and #2 meet. This means, it almost certain, Texas will be in the national championship.

I think that's a foregone conclusion. As long as Texas wins, they meet the SEC Champ in the Championship game......so the SEC title game is the real National Championship game (lol......just stirring the pot).

There are two undefeated non-BCS teams in the top 5 or 6, and instead of putting their money where their mouth is and having them play BCS teams to show just how good the BCS is, they avoid both teams like the plague.

This is so they can keep their precious "BCS" status clean. Whichever team loses, they will cite that they were sub-par team(non-BCS) and weren't as good as they claimed. Whichever team wins, it was against a sub-par team(non-BCS) and it doesn't really speak to how they would line up against a BCS team.

There has got to be a better way than this...

There are two undefeated non-BCS teams in the top 5 or 6, and instead of putting their money where their mouth is and having them play BCS teams to show just how good the BCS is, they avoid both teams like the plague.

This is so they can keep their precious "BCS" status clean. Whichever team loses, they will cite that they were sub-par team(non-BCS) and weren't as good as they claimed. Whichever team wins, it was against a sub-par team(non-BCS) and it doesn't really speak to how they would line up against a BCS team.

There has got to be a better way than this...

Perhaps you are unaquainted with College Football.

The top two ranked teams play for the title. That's how it works. Had TCU or Boise been 1 or 2, they would have been in a title matchup.

I think Boise is very good and TCU is awesome but as good as they are, they haven't proven that they deserve to be ranked ahead of Texas or Alabama.

Edited by Snow

Perhaps you are unaquainted with College Football.

The top two ranked teams play for the title. That's how it works. Had TCU or Boise been 1 or 2, they would have been in a title matchup.

I think Boise is very good and TCU is awesome but as good as they are, they haven't proven that they deserve to be ranked ahead of Texas or Alabama.

Whether or not they played for the national title is beside the point. My point was, this was a perfect opportunity for the BSC to demonstrate these two non-BCS teams could not take on a ranked BCS, but instead, they put both BCS buster teams playing each other. Both Boise and TCU beat everybody that was put in front of them, and the refusal of the BCS to put a BCS team in front of either of them is...well, suspicious at best.

I would have liked to see TCU take on Cincinati and Boise take on Florida. This would have matched up #1 vs #2, #3 vs #4, #5 vs #6.