Importance of the BoM?

hordak

Hasn't the whole church been under condemnation for not taking the BoM seriously?

D&C 84:55 Which vanity and unbelief have brought the whole church under condemnation.

56 And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion, even all.

57 And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written—

President Benson indicated that the church was still under condemnation:

"We have made some wonderful strides in the past. We will be lengthening our stride in the future. To do so, we must first cleanse the inner vessel by awaking and arising, being morally clean, using the Book of Mormon in a manner so that God will lift the condemnation, and finally conquering pride by humbling ourselves." Cleansing the Inner Vessel

If anyone is aware of the condemnation being lifted, I'd love a link.

Personally.. it is unimportant. The belief in continued revelations and a priesthood with 'authority' are far more important as far as this church is concerned.

Fine with me. I found it a bit of a dull read.. :o;) I find the D&C/Pearl to be of far more importance.. but to each their own.

I love my sons' Book of Mormon stories book. It's a picture book telling some stories out of the BofM like Nephi's travel across the ocean, etc. I served in Primary and I've used the book for "story telling time" to the 3 and 4-year-olds.

If you count that one i have read the book in it's entirety:)