Just so you know... I'm writting another Guy!

HoosierGuy

Lets say you have been emailing and calling a girl for a few months and you finally meet. You go out for the day, buy her dinner, etc... When you get home that night you email her saying you had a great time and would like to go out again if she wants to.

She replies that she had a great time etc... She says we could go out again. But she also says - Just so you know, I've been emailing a guy that I met online when I met you!

Uh, so why add that now? Is that a hint that she checked me out and decided to pick the other guy?

Hard to say. I can't read her mind. You have two options.

1. You are reading more into it than there is.

2. She is politely letting you know she is keeping her options open.

she may just want to be open about the fact that she is not being exclusive with you. some ppl think after one date you can only date that person till you know where it's going.. others think you can date several ppl and when you feel serious about someone you should stop dating the others. neither approach is "wrong" just opposite. when two ppl have opposite approaches then it can cause a lot of hurt feelings when the excluse person finds out that the other has been dating other ppl.

i wouldn't assume it means she's not interested till you have had another date or just asked her directly.

so, you are saying that she waited until later to say that, right?

yes, she did.

i think she did a good thing in telling you at all, but after the first date?....thats a good thing.

good for her.

as to her motives?..well, ask her. she's been honest so far.

this could still go in many directions, with either bliss or sadness ahead......such is life.

but so far she is honest with you.....be honest with her, she deserves that, and let the chips fall where they may.

i know..if you "like " someone, that isnt easy......good luck.

Whew. I thought for a minute there that you were writing to another guy.

I think she just wants to be upfront and honest with you, that she is also corresponding with someone else. This way you won't be blindsided if one day she starts talking about this other penpal of hers. She didn't break it off with you, so you're still in the game, so to speak. As long as she doesn't turn it into a game, I wouldn't worry too much about it, lots of single people like to have a backup plan in case things don't work out with their first choice.

Sorry not only does the situation with the plus and minus thing going on sound crazy..she sounds crazy. I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt at first..but that's just a little too weird and strange and inappropriate.

I can understand dating more than one person at a time, however, to give you the plus and minuses of how each one is graded for their qualities is just plain weird. Do you really want someone that would critize everything you do for the rest of your life? I would run and run fast. even if I were wearing heels at the time.