what scriptures support kidnap victims?

newbirth

Long story short, my wife's exhusband refused to return the children from out of state visitation last summer, using nasty accusations that have all been since proven to be false. An attorney told my wife to go to the FBI. She is too scared to do anything. A year has gone by now, and she is still too scared. She suffers from bipolar. She has the worst mood swings, and the loss of her children, which are legally hers, eats at her.

She is not a member, however, she has recently decided to go to church with me. She is really liking it in the ward. She has started the missionary discussions. They have asked us to read the Book of Mormon together.

I really would like to know where in the Book of Mormon are there passages that can encourage her and uplift her. The pain of the loss of her children through vindictive and evil means is devastating to her. The exhusband refuses her any contact. Though she sends packages, she has no assurance they get them. They are 6 and 8 years old, stolen from her last summer.

Any scriptural passages at all that can be of encouragement and uplifting, please forward them to me. Thanks.

Whenever I feel overwhelmed I find comfort in this scripture. Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail and the conditions were less than ideal. At least I think it was Liberty Jail - someone please correct me if I am wrong. Joseph Smith was pleading with the Lord for deliverance when he received the following revelation.

D&C 122:7-8

“And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

“The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?”

Yes, I have used this scripture endlessly over the years. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, I don't think guys can comprehend what it is like for a mother to have her children torn from her. I am looking for scriptures, in the Book of Mormon, that could give encouragement to my wife. Believe you me, I can't imagine the depth of anguish she is experiencing, and I've been through hell myself at times.

My short answer would be to pray as you study the scriptures and the scriptures that will help get you through this horrible ordeal will appear. It's been my experience that help for my particular problem has come this way and not by someone telling me what to read. Our dear Heavenly Father speaks to us in very specific ways and not all scripture verses say the same thing to each of us.

In the May 2009 conference issue, Pres. Monson's talk, "Be Of Good Cheer" is a wonderful talk. A month before this conference my husband's youngest son (30yrs old) died quite suddenly. He had a massive seisure and died alone in his home. It was a difficult time for both of us. The whole conference gave both of us much comfort in our loss. It doesn't matter what age they are, they are still your babies and it's hard to have such a loss. Knowing the plan of salvation has given us much comfort. My advice is to study the plan of salvation -- ask the missionaries all your questions -- they are the Lord's servants and are inspired to answer your questions. And of course, pray, pray, pray and pray. Be sure to listen for answers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• 6 months later...

Newbirth,this past week has been very hard on me.My mom has bipolar and has been on downward spiral,my cousin passed away and my son's wife was actually talking about giving my grand daughters up.which I said if that happened my beautiful girls would come to nana and pap pap.I found some things in our mormon bible that helped me tramendously.it is in 2Nephi...chapter 32.If she reads it and keeps her mind and heart open,it will help.Our lord never gives us more than we can handle.

And actually,she doesn't have to call the FBI,all she has to do is take her papers to the police department where he lives.or go to a judge in your area,get an order for him to return the children and then go there and to his local law enforcement office.I have lived through all that in my sons life.