Ok. I'm needing help.

xoomer

As some of you know I just got done with a pretty bad relationship that ended in June of this year, and then the breakup stretched all the way through to September when I finally got all of my stuff back from her, and in September I left for Paris, France. I was there for Sixteen Days, I went with close friends, who I think kinda wanted to set me up with there Niece. Well it worked. I prayed every night while I was there if This is what god wanted for me, And I kept getting closer and closer to her. Her Name is Angelica she is 34, From the Philippines and currently living in France. After the 7th Day I knew I loved her. on the Eighth day I bought her an Engagement ring, Again after Thoughtful prayer, and when I proposed not even knowing her Ring Size We got it right with a Diamond Ring off the shelf. I wont say that I acted as a perfect Mormon while I was there I did make a few transgressions, but I feel as though I was lead this way. When I told her about the Church and how important it was to me she wanted to learn more, and go to church with me. We didn't go because I don't know a word of French and I didn't want to end up in the meetings were I couldn't understand anything. but she told me That if it was important to me that she would Consider Joining the Church, -- Flash forward a couple of days and I'm home... and some of my friends start to put doubt in my mind, about weather or not she is coming here for the visa. I think about the Events of the last couple of weeks and I go there are two many things that went right during the trip. I went to the Deseret books, and picked up an Ensign, and if any of you have seen it the last page of this months is the Manilla Temple in the Philippines. (as soon as I saw that I knew that this was right because then we could go there to be sealed near her home town.) I've ordered her a BOM in Tagalog (her Native Language) and it should be here someday. and then I had the missionaries come over and I talked with them for a while... and I was made aware that I could baptize her. so I figure if she likes the church and wants to be baptized then I will do it...

Anyways

If any of you have not fallen asleep yet. we were debating on the phone the other day if I should go to France, to live- or if we should go to the Philippines, or If she should come here. And Currently the winner is here..

is there anyone who has any law experience/Visa knowledge/Brains cause I'm not sure if I got everything I need to file this stuff and I need help.

I'm trying... but I rode the Short bus...

Thanks Zach

Hey Filipino! Like me!

If she's in France, she doesn't need YOU to get a visa for the States. So, she's probably not wanting to marry you for your citizenship... unless she's a TNT in France (ask her what that means... oh, probably not, that might insult her... TNT is what Filipinos refer to as illegal immigrants).

Filipino or not, I would advice you to put the brakes on a bit here. No, I'm not saying she's not the one for you. I'm saying - you need time to really think this through to make sure you are hearing the spirit correctly. Marriage is a forever thing, so it is worth a looooonnnngggg decision-making process. For example, it will take you a while to learn her culture. It will take you a while to learn her habits. It will take you a while to learn she's not a murdering psychotic. And it will take her a while to get to know you to make sure you're not a murdering psychotic as well. More than 8 days, I'm sure. So yeah, even when it is the "right girl", it still needs a good foundation. There's no disadvantage to slowing down except for the "can't have sex" thing. And that, I'm sure is not the highest priority if she's "the one".

About immigration stuff... there's a fiancee visa and there's a spouse visa. 2 different things. The best way if you want her here - is for her to apply for a tourist visa. She gets at least 6 months here with an option for another 6 months extension. If you still want to marry her after 6 months, then you can marry her in the US and apply for spouse visa, in which case, she might need to go back to the Philippines to apply at the embassy there. There are cases when she can be eligible to apply for the spouse visa in the US but you'll have to prove that she did not enter the USA with the intent of marrying you.

Anyway, I applied for my visa myself - without any help from immigration attorneys. But, looking back, I probably should have hired one. It's well worth the money to just make sure you got everything in order instead of submitting paperwork and biting your nails the entire time wondering if they're going to reject the thing coz you made a mistake.

Well, As a Philipino myself, I Just know. It something down deep... Yeah TNT

She is the Neice of A Very Close friend Ellen.... we got to the point were we were staying together in her apartment, and now I can't sleep with out her.. its said.

I'm even learning Tagalog

Ingat Ka.

I'm in the Jean Jacket. And she is on me left

Posted Image

Edited by xoomer

Your left or the picture left? Cause if it's your left then you're acting pretty chummy with the one on the right....

Good luck! You don't have to worry about taking it slow because by the time you or she gets spouse or fiance visas you should know each other pretty good, gov't being what it is in any nation :P

No answers from anyone here is going to change your mind about anything.

BUT................. if this is meant to be..................... If this is a good thing and HEavenly Father wants this for you...............If you love her and she loves you, why rush anything?

You just got out of a bad relationship and you owe it to both of you to wait to make sure this isn't a rebound thing. LEt her take the discussions. LEt her go to church a while and develop her own testimony. By then you will have leveled out from the past and have a better head on your shoulders. If you want to baptize her, then do it, but you will need to be good so you will be a good example for her and to respect her new cleanness!

also, be very careful seeing everything as a SIGN.

No answers from anyone here is going to change your mind about anything.

BUT................. if this is meant to be..................... If this is a good thing and HEavenly Father wants this for you...............If you love her and she loves you, why rush anything?

You just got out of a bad relationship and you owe it to both of you to wait to make sure this isn't a rebound thing. LEt her take the discussions. LEt her go to church a while and develop her own testimony. By then you will have leveled out from the past and have a better head on your shoulders. If you want to baptize her, then do it, but you will need to be good so you will be a good example for her and to respect her new cleanness!

also, be very careful seeing everything as a SIGN.

Absolutely, I agree. And I'm thinking about it everyday. People who really know me... say that since I came home, I'm a completely different person. its kinda amazing what has happened to me... I actually see a future with her. I see a family with her. I've never seen that before. its pretty cool actually.

I'm with the wait crowd, if it is right then it will happen. Your situation as you described smacks strongly of rebound. If it were me I would question anyone that would accept a proposal after 8 days...(what is the real motive?)

Your left or the picture left? Cause if it's your left then you're acting pretty chummy with the one on the right....

Good luck! You don't have to worry about taking it slow because by the time you or she gets spouse or fiance visas you should know each other pretty good, gov't being what it is in any nation :P

I was thinking the same thing.