BYU-TCU showdown

pam

It is homecoming for BYU and also the chance to take the lead in the MWC. Also bump TCU out of any thought of a BCS game. Should be an excellent game. BYU is hard to beat at home.

Meaning that beating TCU is likely to cost BYU $2 million.

Wish I could watch it. I'm on DTV, and they are having a p***ing contest with Versus right now, so I can't watch it. I guess I'll just have to listen online at KSL and watch an SEC game tomorrow night. Arghhh!

Yep. This is the problem I went to the Florida Game (which was kind of waste of money).

I know back when The MNT Tv started they had some games online streaming. I don't think they do that anymore, but it would be nice if they did. Or if Versus did.

I did a search to see if I could find any streaming online of the game. and well I don't know its some spam site to get into it. (I kind of wonder if they actually do have the game).

You know, this game all comes down to the quarterback, Max Hall. I love him btw!

Anyway, if he can throw the way he has been doing the last few games, I think the Y can pull off the upset.

You know, the only downside is that IF BYU wins, then no one from the Mountain West Conference will be able to "bust" the BCS.

The only team around where I live will be the Boise State Broncos.

Anyway, I digress! Go Cougars!!!

You know, the only downside is that IF BYU wins, then no one from the Mountain West Conference will be able to "bust" the BCS.

I'm not so sure. If BYU wins tonight and then runs the table, they will have 1 loss, and will have beaten 2 top 10 teams. And I'm not so sure that there will be that many undefeateds left. Either Florida or Alabama are going to have 1 loss no matter what (if they end up meeting in the SEC Championship game, one will have to lose), Texas has been, IMO, less than dominant, etc. Granted, BYU won't play for the national championship, but they may get invited if they run the table.

I was thinking today, watching College Gameday, that the BCS guys are a bunch of scaredy cats. You know, Boise State went in and won in a BCS bowl game, Utah did it last year quite handily, etc. I love the Bowl season, but for them to keep certain leagues out is stupid. Let's face it, parity has reached college football.

But BYU has to play flawlessly. And they have to kill TCU tonight.

I turned it off. Before the end of the 3rd qtr. They had Chad Lewis on KSL, and after they were done with him, I just thought: why put myself thru this anymore? So I turned KSL off and watched the Florida/Miss State game instead.

The Cougs problem is that they just don't have the killer instinct. Alabama today should have lost that game. Twice. But they refused to lose, they did what they had to in order to win. Same with Iowa in East Lansing tonight. Our Cougars choke. They don't have that attitude that they just won't lose, no matter what. Saw it last year (?) in the basketball game with Wake Forest. The Cougs played with them for 38.5 mins, and should have won. But Wake Forest was determined to not lose, period, and so they didn't. Why don't we have that instinct?

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Maybe they ought to make another version of '28 Dresses' and have the Cougars play Kathy Heidl's role...

Guest Godless

That was a rough game. I only saw small bits and pieces because most of my attention was divided between UT/Mizzou and FL/MissSt. Texas had a night very similar to TCU's, crushing their opponent on the road in a homecoming game. I'm a UT fan, and even I was cringing a bit during that game. Poor Tigers and Cougars.

• 2 weeks later...