Should I report this guy?

Vort

I know an old guy that I'm just not sure about. I really wonder what, if anything, I should do about him. Maybe it's none of my business, but if anything were to happen, then I'd feel really, really bad. He seems harmless enough, but I wonder. There are just some weird things about him:

• He is inordinately attached to children, and doesn't really associate with adults at all.
  • He actually keeps careful track of many children. I know he watches them, and he sometimes observes them while they take naps (!).
  • Very often, he gives gifts of some sort to these children, without the parents' explicit permission. I know some children that have actually asked him for certain things that their parents have explicitly told them they can't have.
  • He really seems to work at cultivating friendships with these children. Sometimes he lets them sit on his lap (isn't that called "grooming"?).
  • I can't prove this, but it's said that he breaks and enters into people's houses. Kind of a weird old guy -- he doesn't take anything except some snack food, and he leaves behind little "gifts" for the kids, as mentioned above.
  • The guy is a total hermit, keeps a low profile. He and his "wife" (whom I've never seen) live waaaaaay out in the sticks in some kind of private commune and pretty much don't see anyone else all year long.

I don't know, they guy is pleasant to talk to and actually rather friendly. Maybe I'm overreacting. What do you think? Is this creepy enough that I should report him?

I don't know, Connie. She seems to like him.

About you, Vort. A chat with your wife about you. Though i suspect she would simply tell me to stop encouraging you. :D

Edited by Connie

I am the most gullible guy in the world.

To my credit, I was about to suggest that you not report him to the authorities, but that you make sure individual parents know exactly what you've seen. I was going to caution you not to go off of heresay, and stick to only exactly what you've personally witnessed. Cuz it's up to the parents to decide what to do with the info.

To my credit, I was about to suggest that you not report him to the authorities, but that you make sure individual parents know exactly what you've seen. I was going to caution you not to go off of heresay, and stick to only exactly what you've personally witnessed. Cuz it's up to the parents to decide what to do with the info.

LM, you're da bomb!

You and I were tracking the same...I think we both need a serious vacation. :huh:

I know an old guy that I'm just not sure about. I really wonder what, if anything, I should do about him. Maybe it's none of my business, but if anything were to happen, then I'd feel really, really bad. He seems harmless enough, but I wonder. There are just some weird things about him:

• He is inordinately attached to children, and doesn't really associate with adults at all.
  • He actually keeps careful track of many children. I know he watches them, and he sometimes observes them while they take naps (!).
  • Very often, he gives gifts of some sort to these children, without the parents' explicit permission. I know some children that have actually asked him for certain things that their parents have explicitly told them they can't have.
  • He really seems to work at cultivating friendships with these children. Sometimes he lets them sit on his lap (isn't that called "grooming"?).
  • I can't prove this, but it's said that he breaks and enters into people's houses. Kind of a weird old guy -- he doesn't take anything except some snack food, and he leaves behind little "gifts" for the kids, as mentioned above.
  • The guy is a total hermit, keeps a low profile. He and his "wife" (whom I've never seen) live waaaaaay out in the sticks in some kind of private commune and pretty much don't see anyone else all year long.

I don't know, they guy is pleasant to talk to and actually rather friendly. Maybe I'm overreacting. What do you think? Is this creepy enough that I should report him?

That's not the half of it!

This guy runs a sweatshop where poor exploited elves toil 24 hour days, 364 days a year, making shoddy inferior toys that fall to bits even before your Christmas turkey is cooked.

Up the workers!!!! Down with shoddy imports from the North Pole!!!!