My call has arrriiiiiivveeedd!

StallionMcBeastly

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pammy!! I hope I get to go there. Everyone I've talked to that's been to Alaska loves it.

I report on December 16th... my brother too. So soon!

You'll spend your first christmas in the MTC. That is a great experience, seriously - not something all missionaries get to do.

The advantage of leaving just before christmas is obviously you'll be home just before christmas in two years as well, which is also nice :)

You'll spend your first christmas in the MTC. That is a great experience, seriously - not something all missionaries get to do.

The advantage of leaving just before christmas is obviously you'll be home just before christmas in two years as well, which is also nice :)

Yeah, that will be a great time to come home! Right before Christmas. I'll be so excited to be home and that xmas is right around the corner. Sweet!

From what I've heard, is that I wont be able to call home on Christmas while in the MTC just because of the fact of ALL the missionaries there and not enough phones. I wonder if they'll let us call on a different day once out of the MTC?

Thanks for all the support and interest everyone.

Congrat Elder! You're going to love it! And Alaska is America's last frontier....I'm jealous of the experiences you're going to have.

Missionaries in the MTC at major holidays are treated very nicely (so I've heard). Don't be suprised if you get a visit from a prophet or 2 or 10.

Elder StallionMcBeastly or would it be just Elder McBeastly -- either way, I like it:roflmbo:

Anchorage -- wow! I just watched a show about living in Anchorage during the winters. They interviewed some scouts that were spending the night outside to get the 30 below badge -- survival skills. It was intense! You better look up those scouts and get some advice! :animatedlol:

ANCHORAGE, ALASKA!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped! That's one of the places where I said I wanted to go. Thanks all for being so interested and supportive!!!!! My brother is going to....dum dum dum.... Toronto, Canada! Thermal undies for both!!

Congrats StallionMcBeastly, Alaska sounds great! My sympathies go out to your brother though. ;) When you are slaving away at the MTC be sure you look for Elder Jamieson (going to Idaho) and Elder Hume (going to Australia), two excited and nervous Canadian boys.

Missionaries in the MTC at major holidays are treated very nicely (so I've heard). Don't be suprised if you get a visit from a prophet or 2 or 10.

I believe they send them out to LDS families in the local area as well, in the nearest MTC to myself. One thing I'll personally never forget about the MTC - the food! Absolutely second to none, they have a very high budget in this department :D

Congrat Elder! You're going to love it! And Alaska is America's last frontier....I'm jealous of the experiences you're going to have.

That's right be jealous! Lol. Thanks beefche.

That would be awesome to have a Prophet come visit.

Alaska looks so cool!

Elder StallionMcBeastly or would it be just Elder McBeastly -- either way, I like it:roflmbo:

Anchorage -- wow! I just watched a show about living in Anchorage during the winters. They interviewed some scouts that were spending the night outside to get the 30 below badge -- survival skills. It was intense! You better look up those scouts and get some advice! :animatedlol:

Call me whatever you desire!

I'm not worried about the cold weather. I've NEVER lived in the snow so I'm looking forward to that experience. Also, I like cold overcast/rainy weather. So I'll be just fine!

ANCHORAGE, ALASKA!!!!!!!!

I'm so pumped! That's one of the places where I said I wanted to go.

Thanks all for being so interested and supportive!!!!!

My brother is going to....dum dum dum.... Toronto, Canada!

Thermal undies for both!!

Uhh.....no....your brother does not want thermals!!!

Toronto is the hottest place in the world come summer. :P

Congrats mate.